Ley Lines

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
nopantsyet said:
When will we be able to purchase this fine-looking product?

I received my case of books on Dec.24th; Osseum should have theirs around the same time, and from there they just have to work their way through the system.

You should start seeing them very soon at local retailers.

They are not yet available for sale through our website, but will be soon.

Wulf

Psion

Adventurer
I have been using a system similar to Benjamin's for my home game for some time, though mine requires a feat and operates somewhat differently for wizards and for sorcerers. Wizards pre-shape their spells when they prepare them, so wizards can enhance their spells, but sorcerers shape their spells as they cast them, so sorcerers can actually cast spells using the energy of the ley lines alone.

My ley lines are also much more static, don't strictly rely on physical locuses, and are visible. Further, IMC, ley lines are a flow of ambient, unshaped magic. This ambient magic exists everywhere, and normally cannot do anything. When arcane spellcasters rest and recover spell slots for the day, they are actually drinking in this ambient energy. Usually, this ambient energy needs to be collected and shaped to have any effects.

However, along ley lines, the area is more saturated with the ambient magical energy and causes a weak glow visible at night. Further, if active magic passes through the area, it is often enough to super-saturate the area with magic and cause random effects. You guessed it - in my world ley lines are my equivalent of "chaos magic" zones.

I like Benjamin's rules, and they are very close to mine in that we both use skill rolls. Mine is a little more difficult to use - I require a feat, my ley lines are explicitly mapped, and some effects require gathering of ley line energy over several rounds. If your concentration is broken and you have unutilized ley energy, the energy is released and creates a wild mishap.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the final product. :) I'm sure judging from the quality of your past books, it will be instantly adopted.

Last edited:

Remove ads