• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LF: Drop in Game session or meeting some players on the road

Viashimo

First Post
Howdy!

I know I don't often post to these forums but I figured I would give it a whirl.

I've been travelling for the last 3 months, and I just decided that it would be neat if I could meet some of the other people around the world who play D&D/RPGs/whatever. Not sure why I didn't try this sooner at any rate.

I'm in Brussels right now, and I don't really have a fixed plan - I'll be going through Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, and the UK before flying to PAX in September.

What I would be interested in having happen is that if you're someone in the area and you want a new face for a night at the game table, or just to have a beer somewhere and meet a travelling RPGer, please leave me either a PM or a post here. I know it can be basically impossible for me to drop in on anything but I would like to ask anyway. I'm somewhat familiar, if rusty, with 3/3.5/4 and I've played babylon 5/victoriana/spirit of the century/dark heresy before.

For me, the game isn't the most important part, because I want to meet some of the people playing. Feel free to ask me any questions you like. I may be able to also direct you to couchsurfing/public facebook profiles if that helps you!

--- Brief Bio ---
Location (normally): Edmonton, Canada
Name: Kienan
Languages: English, French, German (Beg), Mandarin (Beg)
I can get by in French, and I would try (but likely fail) if I used it to game. I know the very beginning basics of German, but again - it's useless for a game if thats what you want.

I'm a relaxed person and tend to get along well with just about anyone. I like quieter evenings with pleasant conversation, but I'm open to just about anything.

Truly yours,
Kienan

cdrcjsn

First Post
I highly suggest you check out the various game stores in the areas that you travel through. Most will probably have a website where you can find out if they have a weekly game night.

the Jester

Legend
Hell yeah! I did something very similar a couple of years ago and got to meet a ton of really cool ENWorlders while I was gallivanting about. (I was in the U.S., though, not Europe, but bah, what's in a setting?)

Good luck with your trip- if you end up in Northern California I'd be happy to host you for a bit, got a guest room and everything.

Viashimo

First Post
@the Jester: wow! I'm glad that something similar worked out for you! Unfortunately I'm not planning on making it very far into US past seattle for PAX this time around. I have do get back home and earn some money at some point :s. maybe later!

@cdrcjsn: good idea, thanks.

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
I've had great experiences meeting gamers in Poland and Finland while traveling overseas. I highly recommend registering and posting at some of the local gaming forums of the countries you'll be visiting. You speak more languages than I do (with my low Int score and all), but I'd recommend posting in English if that's what you're comfortable gaming in - the folks who respond will have self-selected for comfort speaking your language.

The one I posted at for my Poland trip was Poltergeist, and you can Google for others. If you're flexible in where you go & when, you'll likely have lots of options - the author of the old-school Terminal Space is in Poland as well.

For D&D-type locations, I'd highly recommend checking out the Barbican in Krakow, the Wieliczka Salt Mine nearby, and if you make it out to Prague, the silver mine and ossuary in Kutna Hora.

Remove ads