• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LFG booted from DragonCon

The Little Raven

First Post
H1N1 vaccine states that he's only getting it for his kid, and that otherwise, he wouldn't touch it.

So? There are plenty of people who avoid vaccines.

I've avoided them ever since they were giving them out at my elementary school, and I watched an 11-year-old girl from my class have a negative reaction and go into a seizure, then spend the rest of her life in a wheelchair.

However, if I had any kids that were required to get it in order to continue going to school, I'd probably consider letting them get it.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I've met BrooklynKnight and been a guest in his home (or I should say Brooklyn apartment) for a D&D Meet Up Day. He's a nice guy and was an excellent host.

It never ceases to amaze me how many times someone you don't care for online is actually really cool when you meet them in person.

Not that I personally disliked BK online before I met him though. I don't care how many posts someone has or how many places you've seen them post, there's no substitute for the real world face-to-face meet up.

Just my 2 cents.

B-)

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
So? There are plenty of people who avoid vaccines.

I've avoided them ever since they were giving them out at my elementary school, and I watched an 11-year-old girl from my class have a negative reaction and go into a seizure, then spend the rest of her life in a wheelchair.

However, if I had any kids that were required to get it in order to continue going to school, I'd probably consider letting them get it.

Having such a negative reaction is such a gross anomaly that basing your health around it is like refusing to eat anything because one guy you know got struck by lightning once while buying food.

There are plenty of people who avoid vaccines. There's also people who still think the Earth is flat.

Edit: As for him not getting the vaccine, if it was because he didn't want to use the limited amount, that would be ok. If it was because he didn't think it was neccessary, that would also be fine. But he didn't want to get it because he wanted to "stick to his beliefs." He's just another anti-vaccine wacko.

The Little Raven

First Post
Having such a negative reaction is such a gross anomaly that basing your health around it is like refusing to eat anything because one guy you know got struck by lightning once while buying food.

There are plenty of people who avoid vaccines. There's also people who still think the Earth is flat.

Is it ever possible for you to disagree with people without resorting to extreme hyperbole and insulting them in the same breath?

carmachu

Adventurer

Edit: As for him not getting the vaccine, if it was because he didn't want to use the limited amount, that would be ok. If it was because he didn't think it was neccessary, that would also be fine. But he didn't want to get it because he wanted to "stick to his beliefs." He's just another anti-vaccine wacko.

For those us that are not in the loop- is it all vaccines or just some he had the reaction?
'
Because while we get our kids the standard vaccines- MMR, and polio and teh like, we've refused to get them the chicken pox one and the H1N1 vaccine.

Flu shot yes, those other two no. I cant blame him for having a strong reaction against the H1N1 vaccine.

Andalusian

First Post
As for him not getting the vaccine, if it was because he didn't want to use the limited amount, that would be ok. If it was because he didn't think it was neccessary, that would also be fine. But he didn't want to get it because he wanted to "stick to his beliefs." He's just another anti-vaccine wacko.
Yeah, but he actually got vaccinated for H1N1, so how is he really an anti-vaccine wacko? If he was, he'd have refused to vaccine for both himself and his child. Quote:

"While the arc this week pokes fun at the Swine Flu Vaccine and the hysteria surrounding it, in the interest of full disclosure I will tell you that I got the Vaccine. If it was just myself, I don’t believe I would have, but I’m not taking chances with my child."

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Fact: Online stalking is creepy. Seriously. Read the Circvs wiki. :erm:

There's a reason Circvs Maximvs exists - to keep all the negative stuff that isn't allowed at EN World out of EN World. I really wish CM would stay at CM and not leak over to EN World.

Not to mention I find it equally creepy that CM keeps a wiki database with that kind of entry on members.... :uhoh:

Remove ads