• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LFG booted from DragonCon

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Actually, that wiki entry is exactly the same exact thing that BK is accused of - cyber-harassment.

I especially find it telling that the entry includes this line: "He also has a LiveJournal[2]. If you want to stalk him, though it's private so don't expect to see anything. "

Dude, I agree with you - cyberstalking ain't cool. But just because somebody does something wrong doesn't give others the right to turn around and do it to them. It's kind of hypocritical, don't you think? B-)

Anyhow, this thread seems to have run its course and then some. B-)

If you'd prefer for CM stuff not to be brought over to ENWorld then why are you continuing to dwell on it?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
If you'd prefer for CM stuff not to be brought over to ENWorld then why are you continuing to dwell on it?

Because someone was wrong on teh Intrawebs and I had to correct them? ;)

Anyhow, like I said, it's run its course, at least for me. B-)

Korgoth

First Post
I'm trying to grow the vendor/dealer area at D&D XP so send them all my way LOL. I bet we charge a lot less then Dragoncon does (less people to but hey we can dream) and all disputes are settled over beers at the Irish Pub.

Wait... is that a euphemism for fisticuffs?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I don't think it's the same a stalking someone, but there certainly is a McCarthy era personality to the wiki. Why even have it in the first place?

The simple answer is "the same reason you'd have any other wiki". In short, as a repository for information that is accessable for any who desire it. Sometimes somebody (typically somebody fairly new) may not understand a particular reference or inside joke. Rather than have to recount what is being mentioned every time, people can just point to the wiki and say, "Read all about it."

catsclaw227

First Post
The simple answer is "the same reason you'd have any other wiki". In short, as a repository for information that is accessable for any who desire it. Sometimes somebody (typically somebody fairly new) may not understand a particular reference or inside joke. Rather than have to recount what is being mentioned every time, people can just point to the wiki and say, "Read all about it."
I understand that, but for some reason, after reading it (and not knowing BK or any of his other aliases) it made me feel like I was reading something written by a group with the intention of disparaging another.

A wiki to talk about car parts or movies or D&D adventures is one thing, but one to list the faults of another person or to "warn" others about his internet behavior strikes me as hypocritical and a bit like McCarthy-like demagoguery in digital form.

I rarely lurk at CM, so I guess it shouldn't matter to me, but I really respect the people here at EW, so it just bugs me that these same people would have a wiki like that. Regardless of whether the guy is an a**hat or not.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I understand that, but for some reason, after reading it (and not knowing BK or any of his other aliases) it made me feel like I was reading something written by a group with the intention of disparaging another.

A wiki to talk about car parts or movies or D&D adventures is one thing, but one to list the faults of another person or to "warn" others about his internet behavior strikes me as hypocritical and a bit like McCarthy-like demagoguery in digital form.

I rarely lurk at CM, so I guess it shouldn't matter to me, but I really respect the people here at EW, so it just bugs me that these same people would have a wiki like that. Regardless of whether the guy is an a**hat or not.

I don't really wish to take this thread further off topic either so this will be my final word on the subject.

CM is a considerably smaller board than ENW and the tone is obviously very different. CMers make it a habit to give each other a hard time and call each other out. "Busting each other's chops" might be a grandma-friendly way of putting it. From the outside I'm sure that much of it would seem rude and from any perspective much of it is crude. But I'd be careful not to read too much in the way of malice into it.

Also ENW and CM are far from the only boards that many of the members have frequented. There are lots of history and interactions that myself and others aren't privy to which have carried forward to CM. I wouldn't necessarily encourage anybody from outside that system to put a lot of credence into anything written in such a wiki.

CubeKnight

First Post
I live in Gatineau, and have followed the news quite closely about this vaccine, as I have 2 girls (4 and 2) who we got vaccinated as well, and I heard nothing about this. Does your sister have a link to this information?
Well, to be honest, I don't remember much about it. I'm quite positive it was the H1N1, because, well, that's what everyone's going on about these days.

The nurse that applied her the vaccine told her there were no side-effects, but she didn't seem that reliable, given that my sis had a high fever the day after she took it, it was her friends, other med students, that told her of the supposed sideeffect. IIRC, it happened on the first round of vaccines, so I have no idea if it's still an ongoing problem.

I'll try and ask her more about this when I see her, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon, due to our conflicting schedules- when I'm home, she's at the hospital, and when she's home, I'm at work.

And.... I think we should take this to PMs, we're clearly off-topic here >_>
Please do PM me later, to remind me of asking her, as you probably notice, my memory isn't exactly stellar :p

EDIT: Oh, look at what I found:
Public Health Agency of Canada said:
Myth 2: There are many serious side effects from vaccines.
Fact 2: We acknowledge that there are concerns with respect to immunization. There are some risks association with flu vaccine, but the potential risk for serious adverse events, like Guillan-Barré Syndrome, is low.
Yup, looks like Guillain–Barré was the someoneorother I forgot. It does say the risk is low, but even going for, say, .5% (anything under .5% is statistically negligible, if I remember my statistics classes right, don't know how it is for epidemiology), given a large enough sample, you are bound to get positives. I don't know how many people had the vaccine applied, but if it was to almost the whole population of Canada, I can see it reaching 1k cases.

Googling "Canada H1N1 Guillan-Barré Syndrome" will get you a ton of hits.

Last edited:

Remove ads