• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Libris Mortis: Cyst questions?

kayn99

First Post
Ok, now looking at this and I was wondering how people are taking this feat. What kind of category should cyst be in? Would a paladin's ability to resist disease effect this?

Last edited:

kayn99

First Post
Would a Cyst fall under nomal afflection and can be cured with a cure disease and would a paladin be immune( which includes any one with that paladin ablity)

Henrix

Explorer
It is not, as far as I can tell, a disease. Neither the spells nor the feat mention it as such, nor does it behave like diseases generally do in D&D.
Thus a paladin would not be immune.

In fact about the only way to remove it seems to be the chirurgic way mentioned in the spell. A little harsh, I think.

shoof

First Post
Seems a little cheesey that surgery is the only way to remove it. Seems to me that Heal should be able to fix a thing like that.
Problem is the spell is very vague and they really should have specified if it were a disease or an affliction or something.

Every other necromatic effect (feeble, blind. deafness etc.. ) can be removed with a heal spell so should this.

Hannibal Barca

First Post
If it could be cured by healing spells or a cure disease spell it would say so. The spell requires a touch, has a save, and has a minimal effect that is extremely situational. Furthermore you need to take a feat just to use this spell. Its safe to say this spell won't make the best 2nd level spells thread on this board. :\

Remove ads