• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lich Doppleganger?

modred

First Post
Is there some variant of the Lich that exists in some book somewhere for Monsterous Humanoids? The Monster Manual says only Humanoids; but there are alternative versions presented in other books for Dragons and Mind Flayers respectively.

As evident from the title of this, I would like to have a Doppleganger become a Lich but am not sure if it is possible.

I'm trying to think of an idea for a boss for the bad guys.

shilsen

Adventurer
It's your game. So if you think a monstrous humanoid can become a lich, it's possible. By the RAW, an aberration can't be a vampire. But in my game the PCs have heard of a vampire mindflayer. They realize it's an incredibly rare concept, and even the people who told them about it said that in theory it's not possible, but there it is.

moritheil

First Post
shilsen said:
It's your game. So if you think a monstrous humanoid can become a lich, it's possible. By the RAW, an aberration can't be a vampire. But in my game the PCs have heard of a vampire mindflayer. They realize it's an incredibly rare concept, and even the people who told them about it said that in theory it's not possible, but there it is.

Doesn't LoM specifically allow for the existence of vampire mindflayers?

Anyhow, I would just go with a straight lich. Monstrous humanoids aren't that far off from humanoids . . .

modred

First Post
yeah, Lords of Madness page 160 has Mind Flayer Vampires.

not sure if that is the exact page, but I think it was (I looked at the book a second ago)

thanks for your help on this. I will probably just use the Monster Manual Lich template.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads