• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Life In Vein

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
mpickett81 said:
Matzerath shoots Eyric a confused look as the witch lets out a song. He turns to his brother, "It appears, Urgo, that we are not the only ones being assaulted by the elements."

Urgo looks at his brother with an worried, yet amused smile.
Thinking outloud, he says:
"2 days, 2 different elements that seem to attack...I wonder what the meaning of this is...
The opposite of air is earth, maybe if we stay close tot he ground, if we crawl, we won't be affected by the windstorm"

[OCC: is the faen in the air or still touching the ground? Does the wind seem less strong at the base of the windstorm?]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The windstorm seems to be only five feet wide at its top, and about a foot wide at the bottom. The faen's feet are barely touching the ground, and the winds seem very strong even at the base.*

*As Eryic begins singing, a curious thing happens. The wind seems to slow slightly and the faen is flung from it to land in a crumpled heap by the side of the road. The whirlwind slowly pushes forward until it is right next to the wind witch, as if daring him to flinch.*

Dougal DeKree

First Post
*As soon as the faen hits the ground Arkas moves towards it.*
I only hope you are still alive...

"Is someone proficient with medical aid?" he shouts to noone in particular.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*As Eryic begins singing, a curious thing happens. The wind seems to slow slightly and the faen is flung from it to land in a crumpled heap by the side of the road. The whirlwind slowly pushes forward until it is right next to the wind witch, as if daring him to flinch.*

Feeling the wind beat on his face, he risks a quick glimpse, finding the wind pressed quite close to him. Unsure of anything else to do, the young Witch continues his song...

Slowly, carefully, his arms raise oustretched towards the spinning elemental, as if beckoning it closer.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Pai dashes foreward to aid the fallen faen, accompanied by Arkas. She seems to be a frail quickling faen wearing long white robes. As you draw near, she stirs slowly. She bears no obvious wounds, but is gasping for breath.*

*Eryic, the wind moves close to you, and you can feel it tugging on you clothes. In your mind you hear a faint whipser.*

"Would you take her place, singer? Would you sacrifice yourself in her stead?"

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Would you take her place, singer? Would you sacrifice yourself in her stead?"

The wind is freer than the birds and lighter than the sky, he replies with his thoughts, still singing, Why does it need a sacrifice?

I will not simply put myself on the altar to wait for the ceremonial blade. If you must, then you may take me; but know that you would sacrifice both an ally and a kindred spirit. The wind stirs in my soul as well...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Your soul is windborn? Then you, child, are the one to free me from this curse. Anger rides through me, I am bound to seek out passion and destroy it, to leave behind sorrow and despair. On the mountain yonder they called my kin and I, and have been binding us to this dreadful task. Soon they will let us all go, and no longer free will we ever be!" the wind shrieks, the funnel writhing.

*Pai leans down and picks up the quickling girl, trying to get her to breathe better or wake. She coughs a few times and her eyes flicker open. She is incredibly lovely, with delicate, fragile features and a lovely fall of snow-silk hair. However, her eyes are entirely white; she is blind.*

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Eryic Darumen

"Your soul is windborn? Then you, child, are the one to free me from this curse. Anger rides through me, I am bound to seek out passion and destroy it, to leave behind sorrow and despair. On the mountain yonder they called my kin and I, and have been binding us to this dreadful task. Soon they will let us all go, and no longer free will we ever be!" the wind shrieks, the funnel writhing.

The Witch is silent, unsure of what to make of this. His song gradually fades and he opens his eyes to look deep into the whirlwind.

"Tell me more," he says, "and I will tell the others. We will help you."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"They live on the peak, a wind's ride from here, too far for you to travel quickly. They summon us to the peak, their temple of wind they have tainted with their fury, and bind our spirits in cages of crystal and iron, and make us bring them the passion we take and bind it in these cages. If you have courage, step into me, I will fly you there!" the wind cries.

Remove ads