• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Life In Vein

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*All of you working together can figure out several things. The runes are ancient symbols of wind, particularly of the symbols of old wind gods. They seem to indicate this is the entrance to the high priestess' chambers, a holy place just below the floor of the temple proper.*

Erekose13

Explorer
On the way up the stairs Pai turns the sceptre over in his hand a few times trying to see if he can spot any special marking on it. Out of curiousity he casts object loresight on it, interested in whatever information it might reveal.

At the top of the stairs he helps the others with the runes. Reading the signs he says, "Well looks like we have found our way here. Everyone ready for what might be on the other side of this door?"

dead_radish

Explorer
*Matz shrugs at all the questions.* "We're in a windy place, there are runes of wind, and wind creatures. Seem in keeping with the style. A bit simple-minded, but they do know how to take a theme and run with it." *He checks his battleclaws quickly and without real concious thought, and nods.* "Open the door, little man, and let's see what we've come to."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Pai discovers the scepter is sixty-three years old.*

*It takes people a few minutes to figure out exactly how to open the doors. It seems they open inward, meaning people will have to climb up. Shoving the door open, they discover an elegantly-appointed chamber. Above you is a translucent skylight of sorts, not letting in a lot of light, considering it's still night. It occurs to you that any light you carry will be visible through the skylight...*

dead_radish

Explorer
*Matz peers around the chamber, his nostrils opening wide. He ignores the trappings for now, seeking anyone or anything that might be lurking within.* "Only the foolhardy would enter first." *So saying, he steps through the doors, no light in hand, and searching the room for adversaries or traps as he does (+8 Search)*

SeanWeasley

First Post
Arkas, male loresong faen, akashic 2/runethane 1

That mojh has an overactive sense of adventure. It's going to get him into trouble some day. Arkas extinguishes his torch. He then joins Matz in the high priestess's chamber, bow at the ready.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The chamber has stone platform that holds a lush and comfortable-looking bed, covered with a strange thick blue fur of astonishing softness and size. A wardrobe on one side holds an array of flowing white and cream wraps, and a trunk on the other side holds a blue woolen cloak, a white fur-trimmed coat, and a pair of sturdy fur-lined boots made from white leather. All of the items look well-cared for, and the winter clothes are packed with dried lavender.*

*A bookcase under the bed hold seven books, each dealing with various religions, most having at least some kind of wind aspect. A few minutes of reading reveals a disturbing theme. Each of the authors was some kind of rogue in their religion, often prophets that no one believed, or slightly mad magicians that believe they were touched by the divine. Nestled beside them in a newer-looking book filled with the same kind of ramblings, though unfinished. What perhaps is the most disturbing is that the feverishly-clear insanity in this tome hints at purest blasmphemy by any decent person's standards.*

In the tome of Wind's Purest Power said:
"It is of a certainty that the winds govern ones' emotions, particularly passion, creativity, self-assurance, and pride. It is the winds that bring them, and the winds that can take them away. The winds can also give them, and that is what I shall do. The winds come at my summoning, and I will command them to take the essence of life from those frivolous fools that squander it, and give it to me. I will have that life in my veins, to command even greater winds to destroy the empty husks that remain, so that the wind may have free reign to blow over the land once again..."

*On the north wall is a stone door with a simple latch, and from the scrape marks it opens inward. Above there's a small latch and some nigh-invisible hinges that tell you there's an escape hatch in the ceiling where the translucent rock meets the more opaque granite of the mountain. Also, under the bed, hidden behind the bookshelf, is a small, locked iron box about a foot and a half long, about six inches deep, and a foot wide.*

*For those with low-light vision, there's enough faint ambient light coming from above to let you see "bed, wardrobe, chair." For those without any special sight, you can see "big, squarish whitish thingy on the floor over there."*

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
From behind on the stairs, Pai notices the others dousing their lights and reaches up to grab the glowing rock that is floating around his head. Safely tucking it back into his belt pouch he hesistates a bit before moving into the room, trying to let his night vision re-adjust to the darker surroundings. Moving into the room he wispers to the others, "So what did you manage to find? Looks like a private bedroom to me. Well cared for too."

SeanWeasley

First Post
Arkas, male loresong faen, akashic 2/runethane 1

Arkas whispers for the party to gather around and says (in a whisper), "One can never be too careful. I think that the rest of you should wait and stand here (at the top of our secret staircase) while skilled trapfinders like Matz and myself check for traps."

Arkas attempts to search for traps with his keen faen senses, looking at the floor and the door, the bookcase and the box. He waits for a second opinion about the chest being trapped from Matz, then tries to gently open it. Noting that the box is locked, Arkas pushes it back to Matz and says, "I have no skill with locks. Can you pick this?"

[OOC: low-light vision, Search +10]

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
"I can try, at least. I have dabbled in locks." *He reaches into his pack, and pulls out a small black set of iron lockpicks, which he carefully removes from their oiled case. He selects three likely candidates, and after checking for hidden traps, begins a careful attempt to open the lock* (Open Lock +9)

Remove ads