Lightyear (Spoilers)

Davies

Legend
It was okay. Not great, but okay.

The central conceit of the film doesn't really hold up, but that's not a major problem. The third act twist is rather clever and I definitely didn't see it coming.

If in doubt, I would recommend waiting for its arrival on Disney+.

GreyLord

Legend
I have doubts...such as...

This is the guy from Toy Story...but not the guy from Toy Story. This is supposed to be what the toy in Toy Story is based upon. Didn't they already have a series about that?

So...is this a rewrite, another take, a reversion, a prequel a sequel? What is it exactly?

I can wait till it is free on Disney+ though. Not sure I have a desire to see it though without more information on how it relates to what has come before.

Davies

Legend
This is the guy from Toy Story...but not the guy from Toy Story. This is supposed to be what the toy in Toy Story is based upon. Didn't they already have a series about that?
It definitely doesn't have any connection to the TV series (which I admit that I don't remember all that well) but I suppose that could be set much later, after these things.

This movie is the live action movie that inspired the toy in the parallel universe in which Toy Story takes place. The animated series is a show in this universe based on the fictional toy in the fictional Toy Story universe, and is therefore not connected to this movie.

I hope that clears it up?

If not, just go with: this is a standalone movie that is not connected to any other movies and any resemblance is entirely coincidental.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
It’s very so-so.

All those Pixar details, but a so-so story. And it is only as good as it because it is in the space cat sub-genre of movies.

Remove ads