• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Limited Wish Prestige Class...

Nezkrul

First Post
does he want more spell slots to cast it more often? does he want to reduce/eliminate the XP cost? does he want to make it slightly more powerful but not as strong as wish? does he want it as a spell-like ability usable at will but still costing him xp? need more info to go on, don't know of a PrC based on it in print.

Sekhmet

First Post
Off the top of my head, and with no real forethought (so it will probably not be balanced or even usable), I bring you: The Will of Divinity.

HD: 1d4
Reqs: Ability to cast three Universal spells, one of which must be Limited Wish. Knowledge: Any two, 12 ranks. Must have had peaceful contact with a deity, via any means.

Class Skills: Concentration, all Knowledges, Spellcraft.
2 + Int mod skills.

1: BAB 0 - Fort 0, Ref 0, Will 2: +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class. The Scent.
2: BAB 1 - Fort 0, Ref 0, Will 3: +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class. The Trace.
3: BAB 1 - Fort 1, Ref 1, Will 3: +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class. The Sight.
4: BAB 2 - Fort 1, Ref 1, Will 4: +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class. The Voice.
5: BAB 2 - Fort 1, Ref 1, Will 4: +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class. The Will.

The Scent (ex) : The Will of Divinity is finely attuned to the weave of magic, and as a free action can determine any spell that has been cast in the last day/lv in this class. This ability also allows the Will to determine any spells that are currently being cast as if he had successfully rolled a Spellcraft check.

The Trace (su) : The Will of Divinity is able to manipulate trace energy in spells that have previously been cast. As a free action, he may use that energy to cast a duplicate of any spell that found by The Smell. This ability is usable 1/day per level in this class.

The Sight (ex) - The Will is able to see the weave, giving him the effects True Seeing at will. Anytime he is targeted by a gaze attack, he automatically succeeds on his saving throw.

The Voice (ex): Once per day, the Will may let out a word of power. This mimics any of the effects of Limited Wish, with no experience penalty or material requirement.

The Will: No longer suffers EXP penalties from casting spells.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
[MENTION=97602]Sekhmet[/MENTION], I want to xp you, not for the details of content of that post, but for the creativity of giving it a try.

Crothian

First Post
I would have the class advance in arcane spellcasting as normal. I'd give them more slots of of spell levels they can cast but not advance them to the higher spell levels. Magic is already the most powerful think in the game and it is about time these prestige classes take it away for the powers it gives.

kitcik

Adventurer
The Will: the same as the Voice except the spell is Wish not Limited Wish and it is useable once per month rather than once per day. Wishes made before the character's total level is 17th should be highly scrutinized by the DM ;)

Also, change the required skill ranks to 13 so you have to be taking your 10th level when you enter, 13th when you get the Voice and 14th when you get the Will.

Remove ads