• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lion Riders -- suggestions wanted

drexes

First Post
In my homebrew campaign setting, there is an elite cavalry group of knights who defend a great grasslands nation. The Knights are known as the Lion Riders of the Hundyr (Hundyr being the name of the country). Anyway, as thier name implies, these knights (using knights as a generic term not for the new PHB II class) use Dire Lions as thier mounts. I realize this is really powerful and scary. What I would like is some feedback on a 'balanced' way to crunch these guys into the game. They have already made an appearance. For the time being I am using a paladin with a dire lion for a special mount. I don't particularly like the knight class of the PHB II, and I don't really see them as spellcasters. They are elite soldiers in a unique cavalry unit. Any suggestions on them would be most appreciated.

Drexes

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Fifth level fighters riding lions with the Warbeast template (MM II) slapped on them.

Obviously, small unit commanders, officers and such can and should be higher level. Also, adjust average level depending upon what the 'standard' soldier is in your setting but I'd recommend putting "elite" soldiers at Average Soldier level + 4.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads