• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Liquidated D&D Minis and Books -- Austin, TX

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
..or Australia.

Just a few notes:
Wizards Australia sent out a bunch of Miniatures Handbooks to give away at my FLGS. I'm not surprised it didn't sell well.

My surprise that the Star Wars Ultimate Missions books didn't sell well is likewise non-existent.

Phil, how old were the D&D books? Are we talking about 3e or 3.5e books and adventures? I could well believe that stocks of the original adventure path were being liquidated; I'd be more surprised if the Eberron adventures were being gotten rid of.

With the starters, were they original (reddish colour, display an Umber Hulk) or Aberrations (blueish-green, display a Frenzied Berserker and a Green Dragon, IIRC).

Cheers!

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Georgia doesn't have one either. I may have to go and raid Diaglo's place. I'm attaching the Jolly Roger flag to the car as soon as I'm done here.

Umber Hulk must have an Umber Hulk.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
MerricB said:
My surprise that the Star Wars Ultimate Missions books didn't sell well is likewise non-existent.

I still think these would have sold well at $20.

MerricB said:
Phil, how old were the D&D books? Are we talking about 3e or 3.5e books and adventures? I could well believe that stocks of the original adventure path were being liquidated; I'd be more surprised if the Eberron adventures were being gotten rid of.

I think they were all 3e but I didn't look all that closely since I have all of the FR books I want for now. There were definitely adventures from the first run of 3e adventures and I saw the first Eberron adventure.

MerricB said:
With the starters, were they original (reddish colour, display an Umber Hulk) or Aberrations (blueish-green, display a Frenzied Berserker and a Green Dragon, IIRC).

I think they were blue/green. I haven't gotten into the minis. Starters were $10 and boosters were $7.

Last edited:

offcenterideas

First Post
francisca said:
I picked up 2 D&D Miniature Game starter boxes at the Half-Priced Books on 86th on the NW side of Indy monday night. The dude running the register asked, "Whooooooah! Where'd you find those?!?!?"

Holy s**t man! That's like two miles from my house. I'm in there every week! Not only did I miss those boosters, but I somehow missed the fact that that clerk is obviously a D&D nerd. I don't know what to say. Wow. Alright, so that was a totally worthless post, but oh well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads