• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Liriel Baenre?

Lurks-no-More

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
Liriel dosen't belong in RAS's novels, just as Drizzt dosen't belong in EC's novels.

As for my feelings on Liriel, that's another topic for another thread. :D

Okay, I'm curious!
What are your feelings on Liriel?

Personally, I find her (based on Daughter of Drow and Tangled Webs) less angsty than Drizzt (always a plus), and given that she's ostensibly CN, is a more likely than another good drow. Though I didn't like the whole "rune magic" thing, or the way EC bundled her up with that Rashemeni berserker so quickly.

Berandor

lunatic
I didn't like she and the Berserker becoming lovers. But other than that, I really like her, because she's really CN and not another good drow. Somehow, she's more sympathetic than goody Drizzt.

B

I find her to be a rather annoying wankfest by a fanboy author who loves all things drow.

1. Who makes the strongest drinks? Drow of course.

2. Who are more devious by 10 then any other race? Drow of course.

3. Who can create wands that turn the wielder into a Lichdrow? Drow of course.

4. What are the most powerful lich of all? Drow of course.

5. What are of course more evil and powerful than any Banshee? a Drow banshee of course.

The more you read the more you can hear the author m********* in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:

diaglo

Adventurer
DocMoriartty said:
The more you read the more you can hear the author m******** in the background.

i think Elaine would take offense to this.

as do i. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

diaglo said:
i think Elaine would take offense to this.

as do i. :mad:

Good for you. Too bad I do not care what your opinion happens to be.

As for Elaine maybe she should write a little less of the fanboy genre and I will be a little more polite when describing her books.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Doc -

Check your email, please.

Strike that; my email to you bounced. I've taken the liberty of editing your post for you.

Last edited:

Eridanis said:
Doc -

Check your email, please.

Strike that; my email to you bounced. I've taken the liberty of editing your post for you.

If you felt that needed to be edited then thanks for the effort. I stand by what I said. She is no better as an author than Salvatore both of which write little more than massive fanboy fanfics.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
DocMoriartty said:
I stand by what I said. She is no better as an author than Salvatore both of which write little more than massive fanboy fanfics.

While I enjoy Elaine's Elfsong novels (on a there's-nothing-else-to-read-so-I'll-read-a-Realms-novel level), I think Salvatore's writing is pretty bad. I think he single-handedly turned me off to drow. Thus, I haven't even touched any of Cunningham's drow novels.

Last edited:

Eridanis said:
While I enjoy Elaine's Elfsong novels (on a there's-nothing-else-to-read-so-I'll-read-a-Realms-novel level), I think Salvatore's writing is pretty bad. I think he single-handedly turned me off to drow. Thus, I haven't even touched any of Cunningham's drow novels.

The concepts in the books are very simple. Basically use every other sentance to talk about everything Drow is bigger, meaner, stronger, more evil, darker, etc etc etc than anything else anywhere.

Now mix in the female drow equivalent to a spoiled teenager from the suburbs and you have Elaine's books on the drow.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads