• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Lisa Stevens, CEO of Paizo, commenting about ENWorld

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
I think it's more honest as far as this board is concerned to say that if you aren't on board with 4e and you can't be polite about it, you're not going to be made to feel very welcome.

But as we've seen in other threads and in this very thread, that's not true. Disliking 4e is a death sentence. Be it us being told "Stop telling us you dislike 4e, you're only allowed to talk about how and why you like it." Be it "I don't see why people are allowed to go into 4e threads and talk about things they like, we're only allowed to do it to their threads." Or even this general idea that disliking an edition means you hate everyone that plays it while thinking they're the lowest of the low, if you dislike 4e, you are made VERY unwelcome on these forums. I understand the mods are trying to stop it, but there are those usual suspects that keep doing it, and they just seem to be stacking up the warnings. And no matter how well worded or polite you are, there will always be someone like Raven to twist your words to make it sound extra, extra insulting.

Meanwhile, every single Pathfinder thread has devolved into posters talking about why it sucks. And you seriously wonder why the non-4e people are leaving and talking about how EN World is openly hostile to them?

Hussar

Legend
Upon additional thought.

I realize now, in retrospect, that it was me who was poisoning that DM's Entitlement thread. I came on way too strong, and way too agressively, making statements, that I really shouldn't have.

Funnily enough, in the last few pages of that thread, when I backed off the rhetoric, the conversation become much more palatable, and much more constructive.

So yes, you definitely get what you give. Approach something with agressive, particularly agressive negative languaguage, and you'll get the same in return.

Fenes

First Post
More people should use the ignore button. Once you can't read the usual subjects' diatribes - and there are ranters on both sides - you have a much nicer board to read.

Quoting from others is a set back, but by and large, ignoring the few users that rile you up works best.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Little Raven, Grimstaff, and Obryn, I would like to thank you for being so quick to jump up and prove my point, yet again. And Little Raven, all this talk of whores and handjobs, have we forgotten about Eric's grandmother? Last time I checked, there were rules of conduct on this board, and you seem to be in a hurry to break them all.

But as I said, I'm out. Enjoy the little cesspool of bile you've turned this place into.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You are right to defend yourself against speculation here-as many others in the business do so.
Is it correct for the Enworld community though to weight on your defense the fact that you have more power over the site than anyone else? Especially in a thread where many site members are talking about the neutrality of the community? My point is that for a community to be healthy, regarding defending against the judgement of the community itself, it should be equal for every member of the community. Isn't this right?
Please, feel my post just as a remark regarding tactics.

I don't understand what you just said. I do understand, though, that you dont' accuse someone of something unseemly unless you can back it up with proof. There's a legal word for that for a reason - it is not a nice thing to do to another person.

jensun

First Post
Meanwhile, every single Pathfinder thread has devolved into posters talking about why it sucks. And you seriously wonder why the non-4e people are leaving and talking about how EN World is openly hostile to them?
And every 4e thread has the usual suspects coming in to tell everyone why 4e is a terrible game which killed their childhood. When people start comparing the release of a game to rape you know people have lost perspective.

What was your point again?

Fenes

First Post
And every 4e thread has the usual suspects coming in to tell everyone why 4e is a terrible game which killed their childhood. When people start comparing the release of a game to rape you know people have lost perspective.

What was your point again?

Please, just ignore the usual suspects. Believe me, it helps a lot.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think this thread has descended into sniping and barely-contained hostiity. So I'm gonna close it.

To some folks in this thread: you keep talking about some 5 or 6 people who are threadcrapping in every thread. I don't know who these 5 or 6 people are (I guess I'm not reading the same threads as you). If you really want something to happen (rather than just score points in this thread), please do me a favour: drop me an email telling me who these people are, why you think this about them, with some decent examples. I'll look through their post history and try to determine if what you are saying is true.

If it genuinely is the case that 5 or 6 people are genuinely ruining 70,000 peoples' enjoyment of the boards (it does sound unlikely to me, but I'll keep an open mind), then I'll happily get rid of them. But only if I can determine that that is, indeed, the case.

Thanks, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads