• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

List of officially recognized Harpers

Jude

First Post
This is a list of officially recognized Harpers (sans two, since I've not talked to them about listing their character names yet).

If you feel you have been left off the list or if there is an error on the list, please contact me.

This is the OFFICIAL list.

Amastacia, Khaira
Brightwood, Bran
Darkblood, Kirill
Darktwin, Faedren
Karan, Xerafeln
Quickstrings, Eryk
Sunstrike, Evander

If you have questions or a preexisting Harper character that we need to know about, please contact me at athensmcleod@hotmail.com. If you have a character who is not a Harper at this time but may be suitable for the organization, feel free to approach me with this -- we may be able to work out a storyline.

MOST of us are most commonly seen in the Rotunda these days. If you have questions, feel free to contact me via e-mail, AIM (JudeSedai) or MSN messenger (athensmcleod@hotmail.com).

Stephanie

First Post
Question?

This is the OFFICIAL list.

Amastacia, Khaira

Ok im completely lost on this person.......sorry if im out of place but problem is with the name Amastacia things get a bit confusing for me and a few other people who've asked me about it.

MistyThorin

First Post
to Stephanie

Jude posted the known Harpers' names last name first. I know, since two of my characters are married to two of those listed Harpers. ;) Amastacia is not a Harper, but Khaira Amastacia is. I believe the screenname you'd be used to seeing is simply Khaira, but Jude posted the characters' full names and not just their screennames.

Don't feel bad about the confusion. Happens all the time with similar SNs. I've got a character named Lily... first time she showed up in the tavern, no less than 3 people began speaking to her, assuming she was the same Lily who was a member of Sril've Cress.

Jude

First Post
Misty's hit the nail on the head -- I've posted the full names of the characters rather than the screen names, since IC, the FULL names of the characters are more important. In some cases, the first names of the various characters (which appear AFTER the comma) are the screen names. In others, the full name is the screen name.

Sorry for any confusion!

Stephanie

First Post
Aaaaah

aaah ok thanks for clearing that up cuz i was gonna say Amastacias like um yea no longer a SN of mine for enworld lol. ok another question what is the Harpers exactly? just wondered out of curiosity.

Jude

First Post
The Harpers (which are listed under the IC groups reference) are an organization out of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. If I had my copy of Spellfire handy, I could give you a lovely quote about what the Harpers are all about as said by one of them...instead, I'll give you a brief synopsis of what's said on pages 274-275 of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting:

The Harpers stand against evil organzations and groups. They hope to ensure a bright future for the common folk of Faerûn by working to ensure that tyrannies do not arise and that evil doesn't spread to cover all. They preserve tales of the past and the history of Toril as far as can be remembered.

Basically...they're a bunch of meddling folks (a great number of them are rangers and bards, but many of the High Harpers are magically inclined) who are out to create a better world than there was when they were born into it. Any of the others can feel free to add more to my little spiel.

Stephanie

First Post
Cool

ah ok cool, i might have a couple chars that might be interested in doing that. but i wont name any names right now lol. um is it you Jude i would have to talk to about that? if so let me know on here what you have to do in order to get into the Harpers if not let me know who i would have to talk to......ive been trying to get some of my chars into some kind of group and well so far it hasnt went too wel heh

Jude

First Post
Contact me privately. I'm not certain the characters would be suitable, but contact me anyhow.

Not just anyone can be a Harper -- there are some standards that have been set, and there are some hoops to go through ^_^

Bran_Brightwood

First Post
The Harpers

Yes, the Harpers can actually be horrendously hard to get in to, precluding possible members if even familial relations are known supporters of evil causes or deeds. The other rough part is how much a prospective candidate is watched for quite a long time by secret agents, checking to see the person's reactions and proclivities.

The other difficult part is that, for the most part, the Harpers don't have a "Sign Up Here" posting ANYWHERE, even in Berdusk or Shadowdale, their two main headquarters. In order to even be offered membership, one is usually approached by another Harper agent first. Those that go around asking are usually rebuffed and watched closely.

Khaira

First Post
MistyThorin said:
Amastacia is not a Harper, but Khaira Amastacia is. I believe the screenname you'd be used to seeing is simply Khaira, but Jude posted the characters' full names and not just their screennames.

Yes indeed! Khaira is the screen name that I go by; Amastacia is Khaira's last name ... not her first. :)

Bran Brightwood said:
Yes, the Harpers can actually be horrendously hard to get in to, precluding possible members if even familial relations are known supporters of evil causes or deeds. The other rough part is how much a prospective candidate is watched for quite a long time by secret agents, checking to see the person's reactions and proclivities.

Not to mention, of course, that the life of a Harper is everything BUT a gentle stroll through the park.

Remove ads