• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Litany of Righteousness

EUBanana

First Post
From UC, Litany of Righteousness doubles damage in certain circumstances.

Do you think that doubling is just the dice, or is it bonuses as well? The description of the spell is very brief, so I guess there must be a standard rule for that sort of thing somewhere?

From UC, Litany of Righteousness doubles damage in certain circumstances.

Do you think that doubling is just the dice, or is it bonuses as well? The description of the spell is very brief, so I guess there must be a standard rule for that sort of thing somewhere?

I don't know the spell, but the general rule is to double the +x damage and roll dice twice. Bonus dice from other sources (sneak attack etc.) are not doubled.

Example: If you cast a touch attack spell that deals 3d6+3 damage and you get Sneak attack 2d6 on it, you would get 6d6+6+2d6 on a critical hit.

EUBanana

First Post
I don't know the spell, but the general rule is to double the +x damage and roll dice twice. Bonus dice from other sources (sneak attack etc.) are not doubled.

Example: If you cast a touch attack spell that deals 3d6+3 damage and you get Sneak attack 2d6 on it, you would get 6d6+6+2d6 on a critical hit.

Mmm OK. Thats what I thought. It just seemed a little bit much for a level 2 spell. When your hits are doing around +20 damage, doubling it to +40 is a Big Deal.

Mmm OK. Thats what I thought. It just seemed a little bit much for a level 2 spell. When your hits are doing around +20 damage, doubling it to +40 is a Big Deal.

It's a second level Paladin spell, so you have to be 7th level to use it.

And it only lasts a single turn- but yeah if your base damage is high and you hit with both attacks.... ouchie. Only works on evil tho.

Also, remember it cant be combined with smite in the first round, as you only have 1 Swift action per turn. You'd need to Smite first, then use the spell and attack the next round.

Remember it's a buff spells, it does nothing on it's own. But anything that doubles anything is pretty damn powerful - this spell gets worse the higher level you are. I'm pretty sure a 20th lvl Paladin can outdamage anything provided he gets smite first and then casts this spell against an evil outsider. Then again, have you seen Balors?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads