• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Little Canadia Suite!

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Canadian publishers (well, except for Fiery Dragon, who don't seem to get my emails for some reason) invite GenCon attendees to join us at the Canadiana Suite for a little taste of 'Little Canadia'.

Sponsored by Red Shirt Games, E.N.Publishing, www.UDONComics.com

From 6:00 to 8:30 PM Thursday, Friday and Saturday at our suite @ the Embassy Suites, attached to the Convention Center by skywalk, come visit our suite and enjoy free snacks, games and giveaways.

We have maple cookies, a variety of bizarrely-flavored chips (we are big on strange potato chip flavors), poutine (a concoction made of french fries, cheese curds and hot gravy), Tim Horton's Coffee, and other Canadian treats to delight and horrify your tastebuds.

We will be bringing Krokinole (invented in Southern Ontario) and promo material, as well as a cool place to hang out.

To get into the Canadiana Suite, you must pick up a Canadiana Suite Sticker or Temporary Tattoo from one of our sponsor booths - Red Shirt Games and E.N.Publishing - where you will also be able to get the Suite number.

Red Baron

First Post
Hey, no fair! I've never received an email from you!

...Oh, wait, that makes sense if for some reason we're not getting them. Hm...

Try sholdenj@rogers.com if you want to get us, and I'll forward to the other guys.

Cheers, and see you in a (a little less than) a week!

Ceresco

First Post
US Customs will let you bring poutine across the border?!?

Isn't that a biohazard, or at least a long term heart health hazard?

Though maple anything and Tim Horton' is moocho appreciato.

ed-

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Ceresco said:
US Customs will let you bring poutine across the border?!?

Isn't that a biohazard, or at least a long term heart health hazard?

No they won't. Thus we are sneaking it in as a trinary compound and are only bringing two of the three components with us, each in its own container and seperated in different suitcases in order to sneak it past the border crossing.

The cheese curds will be in the Cool-a-Tron (electric cooler) in the middle of the van with the other snack foods. The instant gravy mix will be in with the toileteries in the suitcases on the roof-rack.

We'll buy the french-fries on site.

Ceresco

First Post
And what aboot Canadian beverages (besides Tim Horton's)?

There's that maple flavored liquor/wiskey, my favorite maple flavored treat. Can't recall what it's called but it's damn smooth and goes well with the Tim Horton's.

ed-

FraserRonald

Explorer
I so wish I could be there. However, though I cannot attend, I will make some suggestions regarding Canadian beverages.

As I am now living in Halifax . . . Keith's baby! Get that IPA flowing.

As I have lived in Kitchener, so close to Guelph . . . Sleeman's baby! Honey Brown rocks, but anything Sleeman's is a taste treat.

I will now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

rpace

First Post
Hey -- whaddabout Canadian Artists!

You, know, the kind that do covers for second generation mobile lager pits!

~Richard
(BTW -- somehow lost your AIM name)

Remove ads