• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Arcanis's Amplus Machaera

Gaiden

Explorer
Wow,

This weapon is ridiculous: 2d8 base dmg!!!

I am going to make a Living Arcanis character simply based off of this weapon. I was thinking straight fighter with the following feats in the order they are written. Any alternative suggestions?

My fighter:

Exotic Weapon Proficiency - Amplus Machaera
Weapon Focus - Amplus Machaera
Power Attack
Cleave
Heedless Assault
Weapon Specialization - Amplus Machaera
Great Cleave
Improved Initiative
Improved Critical - Amplus Machaera
Greater Weapon Focus - Amplus Machaera
Iron Will
Superior Critical - Amplus Machaera
Greater Weapon Specialization
Weapon Master
Weapon Grand Master

Jhulae

First Post
Well, while the damage is higher than a greatsword, it does follow the Exotic Weapon idea of the increased damage die.

(Most exotic weapons have a damage that's one step higher than normal 'non exotic' weapons, or some other special ability. For example, a longsword is 1d8 while a bastard sword is 1d10, but exotic to wield 1 handed.)

Gaiden

Explorer
PrinceZane said:
Jesus Christ. I've never seen nor heard of that weapon at all. What is it? Where's it from?

Player's Guide to Arcanis.

They have another ridiculous weapon in there: Drusus, light weapon, 1d8, 19-20x3 (but it requires 2 exotic weapon proficiencies to use).

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
2d8 base damage in Arcanis is old news... see the Hammer, Tralian entry.

As for your plan, it looks pretty solid and would be a reliable and skilled fighter, but you won't break the game. (That's for val'Emman psyWar/Warminds who Power Attack and Deep Impact then use the bloodline autocritical power with their scythe).

Remove ads