• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damion

First Post
Salix said:
I see we have a new character and player in the fold. Damion, welcome to LS. Swing Proto by the Ready Lounge. That's the next step to getting into a game. Proto looks interesting. Will he be almost human and still fumbling with human concepts?

I was actually kinda going for the other way around. (Hmmm, have to fix the writeup somehow). Basicly, he's someone who thought they were human, but isn't, so he's now dealing with that. He still thinks he's a kid(kinda). I suppose the end result would be similar.

For Proto, I'm not entirely sure the concept is mechanicly workable, so I've avoided the Ready lounge. Also, I seem to have just missed the mission, so I'm considering making a simpler PL8 charachter that could fit more easily with the other person in the Ready room. :)

Salix

First Post
Damion said:
I was actually kinda going for the other way around. (Hmmm, have to fix the writeup somehow). Basicly, he's someone who thought they were human, but isn't, so he's now dealing with that. He still thinks he's a kid(kinda). I suppose the end result would be similar.

For Proto, I'm not entirely sure the concept is mechanicly workable, so I've avoided the Ready lounge. Also, I seem to have just missed the mission, so I'm considering making a simpler PL8 charachter that could fit more easily with the other person in the Ready room. :)
I really don't have anything to do with character approval, but I think the idea is cool. We actually mix PL levels pretty frequently on missions so I wouldn't worry about that. I think Malthusian will run the next mission. Not sure on the timeline on that.

Master Pelle

First Post
I have made a little rough idea for my mission, and I will try to write little about the new factions for this game. But now I'm pretty busy with my own homebrew game on internet... Let see if I can make any mission after I have added some new stuff for my own game first.

Malthusian

First Post
Hey Salix,

Any word from fenris2? He hasn't posted an action for Ghost in 7 days. Do we continue on assuming Ghost is there with the group?

Malthusian

First Post
In PbP games it seems 'game time' is a bit looser than FtF 'game time'. How do GMs adjudicate in-game effects like rest and recovery checks, or power durations for that matter? Is there a general consensus?

For example, in our game (SX3) the character Million Mask used extra effort to gain Morph with the affects others extra as an AP. He did that 2 days ago in real-time. How long before he can make his Constitution Check to reduce his fatigue?

I'm just curious to hear other GMs opinions on the matter. It's little things like this I'd like to be sure of before GMing my first Mission.

hero4hire

Explorer
Just common sense and flow of plot. Much like a FTF game only waaaaaay slower.

(somehow this seems strangely familiar)

Salix

First Post
Malthusian said:
Hey Salix,

Any word from fenris2? He hasn't posted an action for Ghost in 7 days. Do we continue on assuming Ghost is there with the group?

Sometimes people dissappear for awhile and just pop back in. Its hard with new players, because there is no track record to gauge if they are coming back. I'll NPC him for a while. If it goes on too long, he'll get written out. How long is too long? I don't know, we'll see. Usually, I like to give and get a little note saying people will be gone. I go on a lot of small vacations or get pulled away for work emergencies so I'm pretty understanding as long as you get that courtesy notice. The worst is when the GM goes poof. :eek:

Malthusian

First Post
hero4hire said:
Just common sense and flow of plot. Much like a FTF game only waaaaaay slower.

(somehow this seems strangely familiar)

It's deja vu...

I thought I'd post the same question over on GG to get multiple opinions. There's no such thing as too much assistance.

Thanks, H4H, for the advice.

Salix said:
Sometimes people dissappear for awhile and just pop back in. Its hard with new players, because there is no track record to gauge if they are coming back. I'll NPC him for a while. If it goes on too long, he'll get written out. How long is too long? I don't know, we'll see. Usually, I like to give and get a little note saying people will be gone. I go on a lot of small vacations or get pulled away for work emergencies so I'm pretty understanding as long as you get that courtesy notice. The worst is when the GM goes poof. :eek:

That's cool. So, for now, Ghost'll be NPC'd. Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads