• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioletSamurai

First Post
Velmont said:
It doesn't matter you put a concept that is already similar, it doesn't mean you will do adventures with them, so if you come in a group where CPU and Highbrow are, you might find it less fun as all the techies will be together, but as there is many adventures running at once, it might never happen too.

Welcome to LS.

Salix said:
VioletSamurai-What he said. Just make the character you want, it will work out. Welcome to LS.

Whew! Thanks. That's a relief. Good to be aboard.

Before my character is set in stone, I have one rules question for the moderators regarding 11 power points worth of my build: The Aura extra. Are you using the rules from the original printing of the core book (it's just a +1 extra), or the rules from Ultimate Power which just became an official part of the errata (in addition to the +1 extra, you also have to pay +2/rank to increase the duration to Sustained)?

Velmont

First Post
VioletSamurai said:
Before my character is set in stone, I have one rules question for the moderators regarding 11 power points worth of my build: The Aura extra. Are you using the rules from the original printing of the core book (it's just a +1 extra), or the rules from Ultimate Power which just became an official part of the errata (in addition to the +1 extra, you also have to pay +2/rank to increase the duration to Sustained)?

Good question... I'll have to look at that, as my charcter also have that power :heh:

Master Pelle

First Post
The type of character that we maybe propely need is magician who could cast spells.

When we have enough approved characters, I will propely start my adventures.

And also the list of approved characters need to be updated because that some other characters have been approved but are not on the list.

Salix

First Post
VioletSamurai said:
Whew! Thanks. That's a relief. Good to be aboard.

I haven't really thought about this. I'll have to confess that I haven't looked at the errata. My gut feeling is that if its considered part and parcel of the core book, we should be following it. It will be interesting to hear what the other judges say. If its agreed we should do that and you wanted to change it, you would have to start a proposal. Let's see how the other judges respond first.

Velmont

First Post
I'm looking at my corebook, and here what it is written:

Mutants and Mastersmind 2nd edition said:
Aura +1 modifier
A range touch power with this extra automatically affects anyone touching you... [...] You can turn your aura on and off as a free action and it is Sustain in duration (the power effect has its normal duration, so a Stun Aura's effect is still Instant and Lasting in Duration)...

Now, if I add the errata, it should be read.

Mutants and Mastersmind 2nd edition said:
Aura +1 modifier
A range sustained touch power with this extra automatically affects anyone touching you... [...] You can turn your aura on and off as a free action and it is Sustain in duration (the power effect has its normal duration, so a Stun Aura's effect is still Instant and Lasting in Duration)...

Without the errata, I would tell, no, no need to have the duration: Sustained. But with the errata, I can only tell, yes, you need to have a sutained duration (Continuous and Permanent would also fit well) and teh aura should have the same duration.

That means: CPU need a revision if the other judge thinks like me :p

VioletSamurai

First Post
I think I'll go ahead and rework my character in light of the new errata, and if the judges decide not to enforce the errata, I might switch back to the old build. I don't really have a lot invested one way or the other in how they decide the power works - certainly not enough to go to the effort to lodge a protest. For now, I'll just make it an AP of my primary attack power, and save it for special occasions, like when I get caught in a grapple.

Damion

First Post
Master Pelle said:
The type of character that we maybe propely need is magician who could cast spells.

When we have enough approved characters, I will propely start my adventures.

And also the list of approved characters need to be updated because that some other characters have been approved but are not on the list.

What PL you want? (I was considering moving my PL8 to a PL10, and just making a new PL8). I borked the originals rather badly due to being new to the system, so I was just gonna start over.

hero4hire

Explorer
Just a general announcement.

I have been getting the Bum's Rush at work (a rare happenstance)

between that the Holidays and expecting a baby with my s/o I have been sadly lacking the time I needed to go over characters the past week or two.

I *will* be going over them very soon. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks
~H4H

Bront

The man with the probe
VioletSamurai said:
In that vein, since I still have at least one more character slot, are there any archetypes or aptitudes that the Resolutes are lacking? I noticed plenty of martial artist/weapon master/sneaky infiltrator types, several techies, and a couple of psychics and mystics. Is there anything in relatively short supply, any niches I should be looking to fill?
Speedster. I don't think we have one. I also don't think we have a lot of fast fliers.

I had initialy created one, but did Psyren instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads