• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Bront said:
Speedster. I don't think we have one. I also don't think we have a lot of fast fliers.

I had initialy created one, but did Psyren instead.

I keep working on a speedster idea, but it never really gets off the ground. (pun intended).

But either way, I think part of the strength of M&M is that it relies a lot less on archtype filling than D&D does.

raynbow

First Post
Also, I think gadgeteers are definately an archetype that can't be that overdone, at least depending on the build. If they all have the majority of their points in INT and the same half dozen skills then yeah, overlap. But if they actually have a decent amount of points in powers i.e. gadgets, they can all be really different.

Fenris2

First Post
Master Pelle said:
The type of character that we maybe propely need is magician who could cast spells.

When we have enough approved characters, I will propely start my adventures.

And also the list of approved characters need to be updated because that some other characters have been approved but are not on the list.

Damn that means I have to hurry doesn't it. Well I have half a magician... ;-) Stupid work keeping me all busy...

Shayuri

First Post
I have a teleporter/space warper concept I wanna pitch. Room for that? Largely a support style character...lots of nonlethal incapacitating attacks; can teleport other objects and people, dimensional pocket/prison, and a "black hole" attack that's pretty nasty...and rarely used because of it.

Plenty more ideas where that came from, so feel free to shoot it down if it's problematic or redundant!

:)

Damion

First Post
hafrogman said:
I keep working on a speedster idea, but it never really gets off the ground. (pun intended).

Certianly true. I rarely make characthers that are a 'pure' archetype anyway. Luckely, a certian amount of flexiblity is pretty easy in MnM.

Bront

The man with the probe
Fenris2 said:
Damn that means I have to hurry doesn't it. Well I have half a magician... ;-) Stupid work keeping me all busy...
Throw in super speed and woila! :D

Yeah, archtypes aren't needed as much in superheroes, other than you need someone who can fight. In my playing using the templates, the speedster was very effective till he got hit, and then was toast, but it was a usefull skillset to have.

generaly, a warrior, a knower/skill monkey, and a social skillset can get you through most adventures. Not that more can't add flavor, but those 3 sets of skills are somewhat core esential.

VioletSamurai

First Post
Damion said:
Certianly true. I rarely make characthers that are a 'pure' archetype anyway. Luckely, a certian amount of flexiblity is pretty easy in MnM.

Pretty much all my characters are hybrids of two (or more) of the archetypes listed in the M&M core rulebook. Probably because all my favorite comic book characters are hybrids of two or more of those archetypes.

Which is why whenever I"m creating an M&M character, I never feel like I have enough points. My design always goes 40-50pts over the recommended allotment.

raynbow

First Post
VioletSamurai said:
I doubt it. I've heard the term "skill-monkey" be used to describe detectives, gadgeteers, costumed adventurers, D&D rogues, etc., for several years.

That doesn't mean it can't be used as a pun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads