• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Wealth could come in usefull, for example, while the UN may have to do paperwork to get gear, assistance, vehicles, you can simply pay for them and file paperwork later, saving time in game. It could also lead to connections, or buy connections. It's a free-floater basicly, has several potential uses.

VioletSamurai

First Post
Over here at the thread I started concerning TK and movement powers, I was finally directed to an older thread that had already tackled the topic.

The consensus of everyone involved was that TK indeed allows for picking up heavy objects and holding onto them while moving at high speeds, and that the "throwing speed" applies only when you are moving the objects independent of yourself.

In light of this, I will re-post my character shortly.

LogicsFate

First Post
Sigh, I finally decided on a new character, Fireball, A speedy, firey hell-of-a-guy. That or SpeedFreak, but still on last question before I send him away. A/D D/T Trade-offs, do they have limits? I remember there was talk, but I don't know if it was solidified.

Edit: Also the question: If I'm an offense 15/5 can I still have some powers that work off of 10/10?

Last edited:

Damion

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Edit: Also the question: If I'm an offense 15/5 can I still have some powers that work off of 10/10?

IIRC, I think Kenson has said you can do tradeoffs 'per power' on Atomic Forums. The book seems unclear to me, so it's a house rule either way.

VioletSamurai

First Post
Kenson has indeed stated numerous times that case-by-case tradeoffs are fine.

There are no tradeoff limits in the core rulebook. One example character, the Martial Artist, actually has a 6-point attack/damage swing. I don't know what the official policies are around here. I've found, though, that people are generally more wary of big tradeoffs in favor of damage and toughness than they are of higher attack or defense.

hero4hire

Explorer
LogicsFate said:
Sigh, I finally decided on a new character, Fireball, A speedy, firey hell-of-a-guy. That or SpeedFreak, but still on last question before I send him away. A/D D/T Trade-offs, do they have limits? I remember there was talk, but I don't know if it was solidified.

Anything over 50% PL for tradeoffs probably would not be approved unless it had very good rationale. (a la the martial artist archetype from corebook)

Tradeoffs are on a per attack or defense type basis, but are closely looked at for rules abuse and should have good rationales behind the tradeoffs.

hero4hire

Explorer
I have gone over recent characters and replied to those who have e-mailed me thier submissions.

There are a few characters now up on the submission thread that I haven't seen anything about in my inbox. If I haven't gotten back to you by now about your character, your e-mail has either not made it to me or you haven't e-mailed me yet for approval.

So if you need your character approved please e-mail me at jerichodrumm AT yahoo DOT com

Thanks
~H4H

Velmont

First Post
LogicsFate said:

Trade-off is an all or nothing. It applies to all powers. So it is up to you to choose the trade-off you want. Just a tip, Power Attack can help you to have some versatility on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads