Lizardfolk = ECL 4?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeovke

First Post
Just a note

Marshall said:

2.) FTR doesnt even move "Ready Action : When he attacks, I sunder his weapon"
I don't have S&F with me, but I think the Ogre's duom (if it's a spiked chain-like weapon) would be a Huge weapon (not Large, like a normal one), and since the fighter's bastard sword is Medium sized, PHB p.136 on "Strike a weapon": "The attacking weapon can be no more than one category smaller than the weapon attacked". BTW the ogre would probably have good chances of sundering his opponent weapon, and he is pretty probably better at grappling (hence pinning) and disarming (+4: two-handed, +8: weapon is two size categories larger) too.
Xeovke

Last edited:

reapersaurus

First Post
Well, apparently the vets over at Nutkinland think that you are all fools for even discussing such a ridiculously useless topic.
"If you have a problem, house rule it, and BE QUIET about it."
"They need to grow up"
"These people are not interested in thinking about the "problems" of the ECL ratings in regards to their campaign, they are only interested in spouting off their own crap."

BTW: the thread there is called Whiny ENBoard B|tches

I thought that since they are taking such potshots at everyone involved, you might want to know.

It'a amazing to me how in-bred Nutkinland has gotten lately.
Now that they don't hang out here on a regular basis, they believe themselves 'above' rules discussions and the like?
(If they can complain about the ENBoards over there, I think we should be able to complain about them over here.) ;)

Spatula

Explorer
Axiomatic Unicorn said:
The ogre can be less good at combat than the fighter and still be equal to the fighter in character value. If he is as good as the fighter at combat he will be BETTER than the fighter in character value.

I don't agree with your assumptions here at all. The ogre is practically useless outside of combat (I don't consider carrying capacity to be a great perk). Even with the class' meager skill points, a fighter is capable of doing something other than fight. The ogre can smash things... and that's it. A +8 ECL ogre can't even do that, because, despite his damage potential, he can't get into melee because he has less hit points than the mage.

Not to mention that a slight bias should go to the core races. Ohterwise, why ever play a human. (recalling that pure roleplaying is not a balance factor)

I don't see any shortage of players chosing humans in my games. In fact, humans are the most popular race in my experience. Even with the fighter-types, who have access to a core race that's superior in melee combat (the half-orc).

It'a amazing to me how in-bred Nutkinland has gotten lately.
Now that they don't hang out here on a regular basis, they believe themselves 'above' rules discussions and the like?
(If they can complain about the ENBoards over there, I think we should be able to complain about them over here.) ;) [/B]

Reapersaurus;

The irony is that they've wasted three pages congratulating each other on being too good to waste time on meaningless discussions. Pathetic.
:rolleyes:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
This thread has passed 200 posts, so I'm closing it. If the ECL topic needs more discussion, please start another thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads