• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Load me up with Eberron!

Spatula

Explorer
I found the Explorers and Xen'drik books to be not all that useful. I don't think I've opened the Explorers book once since reading through it the first time, except perhaps to look at the lightning rail table.

Races of Eberron has lots of good, useful background for the new races, and plenty of rules options for them as well.

I thought Five Nations & Faiths of Eberron were really good in the "fluff" department. Faiths especially impressed me with all sorts of talk about variant sects of the main religions, a topic that you don't see addressed in D&D religion very often.

Player's Guide is handy if your players are into world immersion, but there's not much in there that can't be found elsewhere.

I haven't gotten Forge of War yet, nor the Magic of Eberron or Secrets of Sarlona books (and no plans on those two), so I can't comment on those.

Aus_Snow said:
And I'll check out Ssethregore and such. Hm. . .

Ratchet around in your stash of gaming products. I think most DMs are likely to have some suitable stuff lying around, especially for Xen'drik: ruins, jungles, mountains, violently hostile natives--all great stuff! You know something else that really works with Xen'drik? The giantish building scale. Use any old map you have, but turn each square into ten or 20 feet. That sense of size seems to really make an impact on people, and it's such as easy thing. Not to mention the fact that it makes it so much easier to run fights with big guys.

A comment on the absence of gnomes in 4e: at least the Lords of Dust can breath a sigh of relief for a while that Khorvaire's great evil will briefly fall into abeyance...

Vocenoctum

First Post
LordMelquiades said:
A comment on the absence of gnomes in 4e: at least the Lords of Dust can breath a sigh of relief for a while that Khorvaire's great evil will briefly fall into abeyance...

Zilargo should get it's own book, right after the 4e launch, reintroducing gnomes to the game with a huge conspiracy.

Actually, you know, all this talk of no gnomes in the 4e PH might just be a ruse. After all, who benefits if we, the buying public, believe that the gnomes won't be there? The gnomes do, of course! Is there no end to their diabolical planning?!?!?

Remove ads