Loex'edar: The Dragonwars

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Flitterdust grimmaces as his spell fails, obviously not taking the threat seriously enough. Watching Zathros take a significant amount of damage yet not waiting to enter too close with so many opponents, Flitterdust lets off another spell - this one to do a bit more damage.

[Sblock] Casting Blistering Radiance (From Complete Arcane). Targeting the area of effect so that 2 and 3 are caught in the area but 4 and Versveshedar are not in the area if possible. This should be able to happen if the spell goes of to the right of 2 and 3 as Flitterdust sees the battlefield. Blistering Radiance dazzles all creatures in the area, deals 2d6 fire damage for 14 levels on Flitterdust's turn. No save to be dazzled, FORT save DC 25 for half damage from fire - unless they are fire resistant of immune to fire, of course[/Sblock]

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Singed from the shock passing through his body, Drumaxius seeks to take down the caster, going for more attacks now.
[sblock=Attacks]I'm going to move towards the caster make my full attack. A diagonal movement should allow that for me. If, for some reason, I can't, I'll do the same against the archer. If, for some reason, I can't do any of that, I'm going to grapple the caster.

Full attack: Bite +31 (2d6+13), Claws +29/+29 (1d6+9), Wings (if applicable)+28/+28 (1d4+9)
Grapple: +27[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Zathros : Male Wyrmling Gold Dragon Fighter 6

Zathros hovers in place. At last within striking distance, Zathros releases a full attack upon the dragonkin before him. The true power of his attacks become evident in the vicious attack.

[sblock]Full Attack; Full Power Attack (-16 to hit, +16 to damage); Bite: 27/37, Right Claw: 24/32, Left Claw: 33/31, Right Wing: 18/28, Left Wing: 26/27 (Attack/Damage) Rolls are here

Target to Hit/Total Damage: 18/155, 24/127, 26/95, 27/68, 33/31[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrahn

First Post
You would think with all those keen draconic senses that Zathros would listen. Versveshedar mental grumbles to himself, concerned at the beating Zathros is taking, wishing that the club weilder had come to him as he had planned.

Considering his options, Versveshedar barks, "Luminous, you and Zathros keep them busy, I will go help the others." There is a note of concern in his voice as his powerful wings propell him toward the other combat.

[sblock]Versveshedar levels off his ascent and flies beneath the front too and outside of their reach he will ascend to the level of the second two, levelling off again he moves to within 5 feet of the arcane caster and readies his action. If the caster begins casting he will strike with his tail (+35 to hit 1d8 + 29)[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri banks to circle the fray in a clockwise circle, but just beforehand she casts another spell. At the end of the quick incantation, she opens her mouth and bellows a bone-jangling roar streaked with awful discords. Fortunately the worst of the sound unleashed is focused in a narrow line streaking between herself and the sorceror dragonkin...a narrow line within which the sound was so powerful it could split skin and smash bone.

[sblock](Ranged touch: +15, possibly -4 for target being in melee, casting Lesser Sonic Orb for 3d8 damage at the sorceror)[/sblock]

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Thric felt the blow between his shoulders and knew his foe was more wily than it looked. Cutting a hard bank right the the silver one attempted to catch his personal foe and the wielder of the club squarely within the icy doom without endangering the other dragons. then he continued his ascent to the clouds.

[sblock]Turning right to catch 2 and 4 without hitting the other dragons then finishing movement with climb to gain altitude. Damage on Ice Breath is 4d8 cold Rflex DC 18 for half.

Question: Did that hit to the shoulders do anything HP wise or did the AC soak it? And if did get past the AC I'm Impressed :) [/sblock]

Luminous grins at Versveshedar's words. Having the advantage of height, this will be fun. Folding her wings, she dives at the nearest unengaged enemy, snapping her wings open at the last moment to hover above the dragonkin, and snaking her long neck forward to bite.

[sblock=OOC]
Luminous is going to move and hover 10' above the nearest unengaged enemy - which looks to be either #2 or #3 - it depends on where Versveshedar goes, I don't want to be in any line of effect for him. Once hovering, Luminous will bite with a +30 (+1 bless +1 height).
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Map Posting

Sorry for the late post. Please repost your current round actions based on the positions shown:

[sblock]
Code:
X-Y:                                     Y-Z:
 123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ      GFEDCBA987654321
Q...................................Q    Q................Q
P...................................P    P................P
O...................S...............O    O.....S..........O
N...................................N    N................N
M...................................M    M................M
L...................................L    L................L
K...................................K    K................K
J...................................J    J................J
I...................................I    I................I
H...................................H    H................H
G.................................11G    G....11..........G
F.................................11F    F....11..........F
E...................................E    E................E
D..................Z...........D....D    D......D....Z....D
C.F..................44VV...........C    C..........4F.VV.C
B....................44VV...........B    B..........44.VV.B
A..............T22..................A    A........T2......A
9...............22..............33..9    9......3322......9
8...............................33..8    8......33........8
7...................................7    7................7
6.....LL............................6    6..LL............6
5.....LL............................5    5..LL............5
4...................................4    4................4
3...................................3    3................3
2...................................2    2................2
1...................................1    1................1
0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ      GFEDCBA9876543210

X-Z:
 123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
G...................................G
F...................................F
E.....LL............................E
D.....LL............................D
C.................................11C
B...................S.............11B
A..............................D33..A
8..............T22..................8
5.F................Z.44.............5
3......................VV...........3
2......................VV...........2
0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Each position is a 5 feet cube.

Symbol=Name (XYZ position)
1=Arcanist (YFB)
2=Divine mage (G97)
3=Bow-user (W89)
4=Greatclub-wielder (LB5)
D=Drumaxius (VDA)
F=Flitterdust (2C5)
L=Luminous (65D)
S=Shayuri (KOB)
T=Thric (FA8)
V=Versveshedar (NB2)
Z=Zathros (JD5)

For large individuals, the XYZ position is the lower-left-bottom position.

All large individuals take up a 10'x10'x10' cube.

When specifying position for a large individual please use this lower-left-bottom position and remember that you take up an additional 5 feet in each direction.

For diagonal movement:
If the movement is 2-D (in one of the three planes) like normal, the first diagonal move is worth 5 feet and the second is worth 10 feet. Repeat for additional 2-D diagonal movement.
If the movement is 3-D (in all three directions), the first 3-D diagonal is worth 10 feet, the second is worth 5 feet, and the third and forth is worth 10 feet. Repeat for additional 3-D diagonal movement.

When only taking a 5 feet step you cannot move in a 3-D diagonal. Only a 2-D diagonal or a regular 5 feet step.

When moving always specify your ending position. All dragons must keep a minimal speed each round or begin falling except for Zathros and Flitterdust. Also Luminous and Thric can hover if they use a move action to start it.

One additional thing. Facing becomes important for most dragons because a constant speed is required. We'll use spherical coordinates to show facing. Positive Y axis is 0 degrees in the X-Y plane, positive X axis is 90 degrees, negative Y axis is 180 degrees, and negative X is 270 degrees. Positive Z axis is 90 degrees and negative 90 degrees is negative 90 degrees. Facing is given by two angles. The first angle is facing in the X-Y plane and goes from 0 degrees to 360 degrees (same as 0 degrees). The second angle is the facing above or below the X-Y plane and goes from +90 degrees (straight up) to -90 degrees (straight down). For most angle we will most likely only use increments of 45 degrees. If any of this is too confusing, just explain your movement along with where you want to end up and I'll extrapolate your route.[/sblock]
Please post questions in the OOC thread.

G

Guest 11456

Zathros : Male Wyrmling Gold Dragon Fighter 6

Zathros hovers and moves forward slightly. At last within striking distance, Zathros releases a full attack upon the dragonkin before him. The true power of his attacks become evident in the vicious attack.

[sblock]5 feet step; Full Attack; Full Power Attack (-16 to hit, +16 to damage); Bite: 27/37, Right Claw: 24/32, Left Claw: 33/31, Right Wing: 18/28, Left Wing: 26/27 (Attack/Damage) Rolls are here

Target to Hit/Total Damage: 18/155, 24/127, 26/95, 27/68, 33/31

Facing: 135/0 (135 degrees in the X-Y plane and 0 degrees in reference to the X-Y plane)[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri banks to circle the fray in a counterclockwise circle, but just beforehand she casts another spell. At the end of the quick incantation, she opens her mouth and bellows a bone-jangling roar streaked with awful discords. Fortunately the worst of the sound unleashed is focused in a narrow line streaking between herself and the sorceror dragonkin...a narrow line within which the sound was so powerful it could split skin and smash bone.

[sblock]Attack roll 1d20+11 (includes penalty for firing into melee), rolled an 18. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=183617. Damage for 6th level Lesser Sonic Orb is 3d6, rolled 10. http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=183624.

Final position is G7B, facing due south.[/sblock]

Remove ads