• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lone Wolf D20 in April!

Krug

Newshound
http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=11458&mode=thread&order=0
Lone Wolf Rpg HardCover - $34.95
Enter the strife-ridden world of Magnamund as portrayed in the Lone Wolf series of game books by creator Joe Dever! Included in this d20 worldbook are complete rules for playing warriors of all the major powers in the war-torn realms of Magnamund - from the Kai Order to the Darklords themselves - plus creature breakdowns, and extensive details of Sommerland, Durenor, the Hammerlands, and all the major locations of the Lone Wolf world.

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
256 pages and April is a lot closer than you think! In the mean time, we will have lots of Conan goodness coming from Mongoose Hall :)

I have a question - rather a pointed question, I'm afraid. Here it is: why did Mongoose decide to re-create the combat rules instead of using the existing D&D rules? Couldn't the time spent on making new rules have been better spent on Magnamund-specific stuff?

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Lone Wolf was always going to be OGL, rather than straight d20, so we could get a complete rulebook, rather than being reliant on the PHB. However, we have gone for a d20 Lite system, so there is more space for the background in this book than there would have been if we had used the SRD carte blanche.

However, full-on D20 fans need not fear either. Throughout the book, we have examples of how you can use regular d20/D&D in Magnamund, right down to the standard character classes.

Basically, with Lone Wolf, you'll be getting the best of both worlds!

Mongoose_Matt: ah, I see. Do you think that people are more apt to buy a complete rulebook than something that says "requires Core Rulebook I" on it?

Also, when will we get another preview? Don't make me get out my Lay-Z-Boy and hurt you!

Ysgarran: yeah, it's really annoying when you're doing eBay searches for Lone Wolf / Magnamund stuff and you get that darned Lone Wolf and Cub stuff. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads