• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Longest fight against a CR2 Creature ever

paqman

First Post
Greetings all,

I needed to share this little fight we did at the end of the game this evening. It is in gamma world, one of my friend's character has a tommy gun, another a long sword and me a pair of wolverine like claws comming out of my knuckles.

We were in the ruins of an old subway station, we are guarding a tunnel that is partially flooded and we know that poeples might come to investigate troubles we did in the day before. So we are gurding the tunnel and in one of guard turn, the character ears a small boat comming from the tunnel we are covering. So me and one of my friends get near the tunnel entrance to the subway station and wait out of view for the boat to come out so that we might jump the passengers.

The boat did come and the 2 occupents came out and we started fighting them. I killed the first real fast, but the other one went back in the boat. My friend charged him and rolled a 1, he went over the ennemy and fell in the water. My other friend, from afar, shoot a bursts and one bullet hit (We use the dragonstar autofire rules.) for 1 point of damage. And I decide to charge also and roll a 1. Over him and in the water for me too. :mad:

This was the begining of the longuest fight against a CR 2 guy in my gamer's life (Or the equivalent since 3rd edition is rather new). I think he succeeded at surviving 10 rounds against the 3 of us. I am ECL 4, and my 2 friends are ECL 3 and 2. The guy in the boat almost killed the player with the long sword with a row. The guy with the tummy gun almost emptied his cartrige to kill him and I never hit him once.

The tummy gun PC finally killed him. But we were ROTFL :D :D :D . We were crying because we were laughing so much.

I needed to share this with you poeple and was wondering if any of you had similar difficulties in you gaming life......

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Strange combats, eh?

Well, one of my players once managed it to kill a troll in single combat - playing a 1st-level human Rogue... :eek:

pontus

First Post
At 3rd level, my party once spent almost thirty rounds fighting an enemy party... Battles can sure go on for a long time when both sides have healing readily available.

Seule

Explorer
My group's undisputed champion of CR2 monsters is the Wolverine. Against a 2nd level party one killed outright one party member, and downed two others. They were uninjured going into it, but ones the Wolvie raged, it was all bad. 25 HPs goes up to 32 or so, and the attacks and damage rack up fast.

--Seule

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads