• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Look Ma- Rules Updates!

LuckyAdrastus

First Post
Couple quick comments:

Hmm... only 4 1/2 pages, I thought it was going to be longer.

Sneak attack is once per turn, instead of once per round. Was that already previewed somewhere? Rogues are really going to want melee training and granted attacks from a leader.

Rapier is a military weapon now, so it is easier to get access to for many classes. Nice, because it wasn't always worth the feat, but is a flavorful option.

Weapon Focus no longer gives you a bonus to attacks made with a staff as an implement. This affects my invoker and I'm PISSED!!! Just kidding. It seems reasonable to me.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Queue inevitable arguing in 3...2...

Linky Poo
Those aren't "updates." WotC clearly states more than once that they are "revisions."

Scribble
pillowfight.gif
TarionzCousin

Gort

Explorer
Were rogues so underpowered before that they needed to get rapier proficiency for free as well as being able to sneak attack multiple times in a round?

On another note, dwarfs were already almost entirely built around compensating for being the only "warrior race" that DOESN'T get a strength bonus - giving them that bonus AS WELL as all the other stuff seems like a bad idea from a balance perspective.

SabreCat

First Post
Were rogues so underpowered before that they needed to get rapier proficiency for free as well as being able to sneak attack multiple times in a round?
Can't speak to the Sneak Attack, but they don't get rapier proficiency. They don't have a blanket military weapon proficiency, just specific weapons (dagger, hand crossbow, short sword, shuriken, sling). That was my mistake, too, which I rubbed out above :p

Rogues don't get Rapier proficiency for free yet. The change to military weapon will only effect classes that have access to all military weapons, like Fighter. I'm glad that I can now play a Rapier wielding fighter without it costing an extra feat.

Deverash

First Post

I thought that too, and had to check. Rogues don't get access to military melee weapons anyways. It just means if you want your fighter to use a rapier, then you can without using a feat. It's only a superior weapon(heh) for a rogue, for the most part.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads