• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for 3.5 group in NYC area

Epiphanis

First Post
I'm running a 3.5 game that could use another player or two. The group could really use an arcanist. We're doing the Age of Worms adventure path (recently started, still at level 2); none of the three current players have read the adventures and I'd rather keep it spoiler-free, so let me know if you've read / played them already. We meet most Thursday evenings in Manhattan and vet new players before offering a space. Interested?

Sunderstone

First Post
Hiya, Ive DM'ed part of the AoW (ended in HoHR). I never read to far into the campaign though.
Id be interested though if you dont mind someone with a little prior knowledge. Im also in my late 30s, hope its an adult group. :)

Epiphanis

First Post
Okay. We are an adult group; I'm older than you. I suppose I can mod in some surprises (we're already a little divergent). Please don't go further than you already have, spoil the other players, or act like you have inside knowledge. If you can make it we're meeting at Neutral Ground tomorrow at about 6:30-7:00; we'll be two white guys (one bald); a ludicrously tall Asian dude and a black woman.

As I said, we'll have to vet you a bit before deciding. If you want to whip up a character on those conditions, make a second level character:

Abilities: strict 25 point buy from DMG p.169; PHB PC races only; all base and prestige classes, skills and feats from: PHB I & II; DMG; Expanded Psionics Handbook; Miniatures Handbook; Tomes of Battle and Magic; all "Complete" books (including Psionic); all "Races" books (except Races of Eberron); options from any other source upon prior approval only. Take maximum starting gold for a 1st level character and equip. Setting is pure Greyhawk.

Preference will be given if you make a wizard or reasonable substitute therefore (i.e. other arcanist or certain psionics).

Other party members: Darius (human Gold Dragon Shaman 2, melee/healing); Lucius (half-elf Rogue 2, high-Bluff/Intimidate build); Ormond (half-elf Favored Soul of Celestian 2, defensive buffer/healer build). Charisma-based skills, buffing and healing are overrepresented, offensive & utility magic underrepresented.

Sunderstone

First Post
Thursday nights to hop a train to manhattan after work is abit rough for me. Does your group always play at Neutral Ground?

Im in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. I drive but Manhattan isnt great for parking :)

Epiphanis

First Post
We have almost always met at Neutral Ground, but it is shutting down now. We are deciding where to meet next, but its a safe bet that wherever it is will be in Manhattan, as it is the midway compromise point for the group, which has members in Queens, Brooklyn and over in Jersey. If you can't hack Manhattan on a weeknight, you probably don't want to play with us.

Remove ads