Looking for a 4e game in or around Toronto or willing to try online play.

Jabba Von Hutt

First Post
Greetings & Salutations,

Grumpy old man seeks a 4e game around the GTA preferably west end. Ideal game would have a Mature (read older than 30 yrs old GM) and mature (read mature) players. I'm looking for a fun game but I have no interest in bathroom humor. Depending on game time start you can usually count on my either bringing Tim's doughnuts or morning croissants.

Although I have never tried, I wouldn't mind giving online gaming a go in its stead.

Even though my post count doesn't show it, I've been a long time lurker on this board going back to Eric's tenure. So if you may have room for 1 more and If it appears that I may fit the bill just post a reply here. I'll be checking every day or so.

Thanks,
Al

Ion

Explorer
Hey, I'm also looking for a game in Toronto. I've played 4e a couple of times at cons and the like, but haven't really had a chance to sink my teeth into it.

Sadly I don't know of a game for you to join, but perhaps we're on track to collect enough people and start a new game?

wildoxmoan

First Post
Gentlemen,

I currently run a Friday night 4e game in Kitchener. Two of my players make the trek from Toronto every other week to bask in my DM'ing glory. I know they are also playing (alternating DM duty) 3.5e on a fairly regular basis. Once they wrap up their current 3.5e adventure, they're going to start running a 4e campaign of their own. Would you like me to ask them if they'll be looking for players (or DM's) when they make the transition?

Ion

Explorer
Jabba Von Hutt said:
I've been keeping my eyes on here : The Toronto Area Gamers (TAG) (Toronto, ON) - Meetup.com as well. But, the meet ups for D&D have been pretty barren lately.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that link before. So far my search has turned up the Toronto Area Board Gaming Society but as the name says that's mostly board games, and the Toronto Role-Players Association which has a gamers seeking gamers board and has meetups every wednesday night; however I haven't had the chance yet to make it down there.

wildoxmoan said:
Would you like me to ask them if they'll be looking for players (or DM's) when they make the transition?

I can't see how it would hurt. :) I'd be up for it.

Jabba Von Hutt

First Post
Gentlemen,

I currently run a Friday night 4e game in Kitchener. Two of my players make the trek from Toronto every other week to bask in my DM'ing glory. I know they are also playing (alternating DM duty) 3.5e on a fairly regular basis. Once they wrap up their current 3.5e adventure, they're going to start running a 4e campaign of their own. Would you like me to ask them if they'll be looking for players (or DM's) when they make the transition?

Yes, please for me as well.

On a side note. Although, I work in the downtown core, I live on the border between Missassauga & Oakville. Funny that a bi-weekly trek to Kitchener doesn't intimidate me as much as say one into Scarborough or Markham. Not just because of the rep. of those areas, but the thought of traveling across TO via the 401 sends chills down my spine.

Jabba Von Hutt

First Post
Yeah, thanks. I played with Dan last Friday night and had a good time but I'm looking more for a consistent week/bi-weekly game with the same DM and players. LFR is fun and a good place to meet fellow players but not as much fun as a home brew.

Remove ads