• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a Bastion Press Gods of freebie:)

NarlethDrider

First Post
Ages ago, I mean a really long time ago it seems, Bastion Press had a Gods of Egypt(I think it was egypt, it was definately some sandy place :D ) as a freebie on their site---one of the critters in there was a halfling sized scorpion man---anywho, I'm trying to find this pdf & not having much luck---can anyone help?

Voadam

Legend
Oathbound Arena was also a sandy place by Bastion. There was Arena and Mysteries of Arena in addition to the Egyptian Gods pdf. I don't recall any such web enhancement freebie from the Bastion site though unfortunately.

Ghostwind

First Post
Egyptian Gods is no longer available as a downloadable free product. That information was included in the new product, Lore of the Gods. The book is available as both a printed and pdf format. Regretably, my primary computer had a hard drive crash which contained all of my data from Bastion including the original data files so I can't just give you the monster you're looking for here. If I can rebuild the data from other sources, I'll post the monster for you but it will take a long time.

Douane

First Post
I think I still should have the .pdf around (on a back-up disk). Would it be okay to post/email the monster for the OP, if it's in there ?

Folkert

Ghostwind

First Post
Egyptian Gods is a 3.0 edition release so the monster will need to be tweaked but you can certainly email it to him if you find it. Let me search my laptop and see if I have a draft of Lore of the Gods on it.

Ghostwind

First Post
Dune Crawler
Small Vermin
Hit Dice: 2d8+4 (13 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30ft. (6 squares)
AC: 15 (+1 size, +4 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/ -2
Attack: Halfspear +2 melee (1d6)
Full Attack: 2 claws +2 melee (1d3 +1), sting +2 melee (1d3-1 and poison) or halfspear +2 melee (1d6), sting –2 melee; or sling +1 ranged (1d4), sting 1d3-1 and poison
Space/Reach: 5ft./ 5ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, poison, and trapping
Special Qualities: Vermin
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +0
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 5, Wis 11, Cha 5
Skills: Climb +3, Hide +5, Spot +3
Feats: Multiattack
Environment: Desert and underground
Organization: Hunting party (20-30), swarm (31-120), or hive (121-200)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

The dune crawler is a strange looking creature. They are somewhat centaurian in build, though their lower half is the body of a small monstrous scorpion. The upper half looks like a dark-skinned, hairless halfling with black insectoid eyes. Despite their appearance, dune crawlers have no spoken language and possess only an insect mentality.
These creatures live in deep underground cave complexes, and they come to the surface only to hunt or to protect their territory. They have no use for treasure and usually toss such items out of their tunnels, littering the nearby landscape with loot. This acts as indirect baiting, as it brings potential victims to their doorstep.

Combat
Dune crawlers use massive numbers to defeat their foes, swarming around each target and crawling over each other to attack. When hunting, dune crawlers will use sinkhole traps to drop prey directly into their cave complexes.

Vermin (Ex): Immune to mind-influencing effects.

Poison (Ex): Victims struck by a dune crawler’s sting must roll a Fort save (DC12) or lose 1d3 Str points for initial damage and 1d3 Str points for secondary damage.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the dune crawler must hit with both of its claw attacks. If it gets a hold, it hangs on and strikes with its sting and halfspear for their full attack values.

Trapping (Ex): If 10 or more dune crawlers work together for at least 10 minutes, they can construct a sinkhole trap. These areas are shallow pits 20 to 30ft. in diameter. Anyone entering these areas must roll a Reflex save (DC19) or slid down into the trap. The victim either ends up down in the dune crawlers’ caves or mired waist-deep in sand at the bottom of the pit and very vulnerable to attack.

Remove ads