• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a Feat...

Psimancer

First Post
I’ve had one of my players tell me about a feat that allows a character to treat armor as one category lighter (ie Heavy armor as Medium, etc), but he doesn’t know from which book it comes; does anyone have any idea? I would even accept non-core & non-WotC sources…

Psimancer

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Are you sure its a feat and not just Mithral?
I highly doubt this player would make such an obvious mistake…

It is within the realms of possibility that it could be a class ability, but a material property is unlikely…

Crothian

First Post
I'm drawing a complete blank on this one. I suggest you tell him to go back through his books and find it so you can tell the rest of us. :D

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Maybe in Races of Stone? They have armor feats there, but I dont' think any of those do that.

Psimancer

First Post
I have already checked the Complete and Race Books as well as the Miniatures Handbook, all to no avail.

I talked to the player today and they think that the feat was called Armor Expertise…

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Hm, it's possible it exists, but I don't think it's in a WotC book. Try third-party?

Sejs

First Post
The only thing I can think of that's even remotely close would be Way of the Crab from OA. Think it appeared in the Rokugan Campaign Setting book. It's a clan feat and only works on heavy armor.

Other than that, I'm drawing a blank. Sorry.

Taloras

First Post
Im pretty sure ive seen the feat. I -think- it might be in Swashbuckling Adventures(no idea on publisher, its a friends book). I could check on Friday when i go over there for game.....

Vrecknidj

Explorer
Psimancer said:
I’ve had one of my players tell me about a feat that allows a character to treat armor as one category lighter (ie Heavy armor as Medium, etc), but he doesn’t know from which book it comes; does anyone have any idea? I would even accept non-core & non-WotC sources…

I saw this one somewhere and plucked it for my house rules. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it rang a bell.

Armored Caster
You reduce your chance of arcane spell failure when wearing armor
Benefit: You reduce your chance of arcane spell failure by 10%.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time gaining an additional 10% reduction.

Dave

Remove ads