• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a large evil city setting or module

Paradigm

First Post
NewJeffCT said:
Thanks - they look promising as well. Are they available in print at all, or POD? I like PDFs and all, but don't have a good printer to use for it.

Both are still available in print. You can head over to our store and take advantage of our ongoing complete your set sale.

SavageRobby said:
I'd definitely 2nd/3rd/4th the City State book. Its fantastic.

You might also look at the Sword & Sorcery sourcebook Calastia, set in the Scarred Lands. Its got a lot of good info about a Lawful Evil society, including some cities.

One more for City State.

Or City of Brass Box Set (Efreeti Slavers).

Pelwrath

First Post
Evil, slave trade dominated city

My first question is, what is the purpose of the players? To overthrow the city of just get in and wreak havock on the temple? SAs for Invicable Overlord, yes a great city but I do think that a group of adventurered just wouldn't have the resources to overthrow it, wspecially considering what he had, his Black Adders and many others not even including his army.

If you scale down the city, then perhaps overthrowing it, with help might be possible.

Voadam

Legend
johnnype said:
It's been ages since I last read it and it might not be exactly what you're looking for but the first supplement that came to my mind is Slavers for 2nd edition D&D. It's set in Greyhawk and, IIRC, is more of an adventure to find the err... slavers that keep kidnapping people from lands around the Wild Coast. I do remember it also including extensive gazeteer material as well.
My first thought was the 2e GH Scarlet Brotherhood one. Lots of slavery, very LE, with IIRC (its been a while) a hidden city and all ultimately dedicated to a very bad evil god.

prospero63

First Post
What about City of Skulls? You will probably need to modify it for 3.5, but few things say "evil city" like a road leading into it that is paved with skulls...

NewJeffCT

First Post
Pelwrath said:
My first question is, what is the purpose of the players? To overthrow the city of just get in and wreak havock on the temple? SAs for Invicable Overlord, yes a great city but I do think that a group of adventurered just wouldn't have the resources to overthrow it, wspecially considering what he had, his Black Adders and many others not even including his army.

If you scale down the city, then perhaps overthrowing it, with help might be possible.

I don't want to give away too much info here, as at least a few of my players participate in the forums here.

However, it will not be the players leading a huge invading army to lay siege to this city (which is actually Vrendolen, the City of Servitude, from the Kalamar setting) - I was hoping more for a Lord of the Rings type of thing - you know, where the army of Gondor serves mainly to take the focus off of the hobbits destroying the ring. Only, the PCs will be infiltrating the city and performing their tasks...

Grimstaff

Explorer
NewJeffCT said:
City State of the Invincible Overlord maybe?

Lawful Evil? Check

Big Evil Temple? Check

Booming Slave market? Check

Subtropical to Temperate? Check

Caverns beneath the city? Check

I think CSIO would be a great choice for your needs, and you won't find a better RPG city map or guidebook than this one.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Grimstaff said:
Lawful Evil? Check

Big Evil Temple? Check

Booming Slave market? Check

Subtropical to Temperate? Check

Caverns beneath the city? Check

I think CSIO would be a great choice for your needs, and you won't find a better RPG city map or guidebook than this one.

Thanks - ordered a copy off of eBay. Still considering the Theocracy of Canceri as well.

Ipissimus

First Post
Dungeon Magazine had Spinecastle and Scuttlecove.

Scuttlecove is more a pirate city (lots of BoVD stuff) but Spinecastle is a more traditional city ruled by evil powers that has slavery as a major industry. Check the Paizo website for the Magazine.

Remove ads