• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a New Web Host for YB/YBA

Lady Diamond

First Post
Well, that time has come. Events of the last couple of days have shown me that I simply don't have time to maintain the YB/YBA site including the generators (and let's be honest, nor do I care to have to deal with all the b*tching). I don't want to ever again have to take vacation time from work like I had to yesterday to get homework done on time because I'm spending too much time on YB-related matters. And I figure it will be nice to be just a "happy little player" again.

Someone speak up for the priviledge ASAP, I showed that it wasn't that hard to do (apparently). I was happy that I could contribute in some way to YB!s success, but I knew at that time when I took over site maintenance that when school started in earnest that something would have to give. In 30 days or less I'm pulling the plug and I will not participate in updates during that time.

Who's game to do their bit for YB/YBA? Reiella and Graydoom are good candidates that come to mind.

reiella

Explorer
Sorry that it got that frustrating for you :x. Vacation time to get homework done is just bad :x, but sorta know how ya feel with that. Getting to that point occasionally myself between system programming, cal 3, linear algebra, digital electronics, and os theory heh... (In all truth, not that difficult, just tedious work)

School should be first though, yes.

I can at least keep my test-gen up on my webspace :x... Also might be worthwhile to suggest KDLadage again if he is willing.

Lady Diamond

First Post
I really think that KD has "done his duty and beyond" for YB/YBA. Of course if he believes otherwise he has my blessing to take over.

I've been thinking about the site a bit, and frankly there isn't much of importance that's on my site except for the main generator and the Advancement page that Phoenix created.

Everything else is duplicated on the boards. Rules, FAQ, Fighter Registration link, just about everything. If Phoenix were to post his Advancement chart on the boards and have it linked to the boards FAQ then there'd be no need for a YB site period. Folks here seem to be quite pleased with Meowthbot and Reiella's test generator can become the primary (it's going to have to do that duty now, unless someone else picks up the gauntlet and hosts the official site).

Graydoom is already hosting the rules for YBA and the battleframes on his site, and he's quite capable of hosting the main generator for YBA there as well.

One way or another, the site(s) that I don't have time to maintain is(are) being turned off for "official" use. In fact, it is no longer advised to use either the primary or the backup site on AOL as "official" resources after today. I might keep some things on them for my own reference, but as an official YB/YBA gaming source they will not be sufficiently updated. I will no longer be reading all the boards threads nor will I be keeping up on rules or other discussions.

I believe this is better all-around. The folks who update the different parts of YB and YBA can access their own boards posts and update them, and the boards can serve as host for almost anything except the generators.

I believe this is best for all concerned.

reiella

Explorer
Hehe, test-gen doesnt' work so well past the summer...

At least unless YB takes up too much of my time so I don't graduate on time :x.

You still will be playing however, no?

Did not know that Gray had some webspace there, and that can work more permanently I suppose.

In all truth, Vagabond has, just a matter of suggesting it if he is willing anyway.

Stress and taking time off work because of a game isn't good. And I know I probably have contributed a bit to that... For that I do apologize.

In any event, thank you for the time that you have put in and the server space and bandwidth provided.

Wicht

Hero
good luck with the more important things Lady D. No-one should let a hobby take over their life (note to self).

GD if you can put the generator on your page for a while it would probably be good. And if not someone else can do it or we can all use Meowthbot. I am sure that whatever happens something will work out. :)

reiella

Explorer
Working at fixing it so MeowthBot can recover from my isp being a pos... It should recover now... I have it attempting to reconnect every minute if it isn't connected... Hopefully this helps.

Not getting much luck though.

It'll reconnect on its own, or try at least once...

Don't believe I can get an on trigger however. Will see though.

Also apparantly my cs server crashed sometime last night ;x. It's up again though.

Last edited:

MidKnight

First Post
I will volunteer to host the Web Generator.

I have the web space, just not the java experience so I'll need a little help until I can figure it all out. :)

Remove ads