• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a slick Mass Combat System? Stop the Search!

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Is this one of the protected PDFs where you can only use it on the PC with which you downloaded the file? Or is it just a normal PDF?

Looks very tempting.

Trainz

Explorer
OK, I don't get it.

I went to buy it and it told me:

Sorry, due to the costs of processing an order you order
TOTAL MUST BE AT LEAST $6.40 OR $0.00 TO CHECK OUT
ADD DEPOSIT TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Use the Advanced Search feature to help find products within a price range.
To find products <= $4.75 Click Here

What is this ? They won't sell it to me unless I buy MORE STUFF ???

It's a damn PDF. It doesn't require packing, shipping, printing, NOTHING. Get my 2 bucks, and allow me to download.

I must be missing something here: please enlighten my clueless lantern.

DaveStebbins

First Post
There has always been a minimum buy at RPGNow. It used to be $5 but last year it went up to $6.40. The reasons given were reasonable, though I'm having a hard time remembering them. There is probably a flat transaction fee paid to the credit card company on every purchase at their site, and since they only get 25% of every sale (the rest goes to the publisher), they were losing a good deal of their profit with a $5 minimum order. The $2 order you propose might even be a loss for them. So it is not a no-cost (NOTHING) proposition for them to sell a PDF.

-Dave

Trainz

Explorer
Oh... of course. It makes total sense.

What a dufus I am.

I used to work in retail and was aware of that.

I'll pipe down now...

Sorry...

pogre

Legend
I've run it and it works great. My players _really_ liked it. I'm a bit more of a wheel the formation, command radius, miniatures kind of guy, but it is very slick.

This looks very promising as I have always wanted to have a party become a part of a large scale battle. I checked Stiggybaby and they have copies for appx. $27.00US and I would like to think that their shipping would be a bit faster than 1-2 months.. :p

-Brund

Remove ads