Looking for a some minor villians

modred

First Post
Sorry, if this posts twice or anything, I accidently hit the Submit button then told it to stop, not sure what that will do. I wasn't done when I hit it by accident.

you asked for it... (all that wacky honor stuff)

Mortin De La Rocha - Adopted Son of Giovanni's Father (I'm gonna initialize that to GA)

He's a Half-Orc. Yeah, he was trained, before adoption, by a Samurai (who, assuming GA is not too dishonorable, was GA's friend, they saved each others lives or something)

I would have to guess and say that the true father was tied to Mortin by his honor, which with him being a samurai, explains why he was trained. I'm not sure how the real Bushido would deal with this, but I guess that he would have to treat Mortin well, regardless of how people might normally treat Half-Orcs.

Tuco, male half-orc Samurai 2/Barbarian 1/Fighter 4: CR 7; Size M (5 ft., 6 in. tall); HD 2d10+6 plus 1d12+3 plus 4d10+12; hp 62; Init +1; Spd 40 ft.; AC 12 (+1 Dex; +1 Shield); Attack +12 melee (1d10+4 katana), or +12 melee (1d6+4 Wakizashi);
Fort +11, Ref +2, Will +0; AL N; Str 18, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 8.

yes, he's an Ex-Samurai, all this did was make him not be able to take more levels. He didn't get anything that goes away (just proficiencies and Two Weapon fighting).

There might be a problem with his Two Weapon fighting, he didn't get the feat itself (Two Swords As One only acts in the same way, it doesn't say whether it counts as a prerequisite for taking feats). But there is a optional rule about that somewhere.

Tactics: Even though he has average intelligence, he was taught to stop before hand and plan, which he always does, he plans for every alternative he can think of. But once he's started to play out that plan he is infexible and inconvertible, his plans often go somewhat bad on him, but his strength mostly covers for that.

when I was thinking of ideas for him I began to think of him as a kind of warrior for hire, a tool used by the family to get rid of inconvieniences. Sortof their way to get revenge. But I imagine he only listens to his adopted father (assuming he is alive is alive, I didn't see his stats posted so I guessed he might be)

the reason I thought of this: a couple things from your post; Anger, Honor, Human/Half-elf/half-orc, Family Relations. Anger and Half-Orc clicked together with Complete Warrior and Samurai. Originally I was thinking an angry Ranger/Fighter/Barbarian/Human. But this was more different from the suggested ideas (adopted family instead of normal family). He might have to be higher level, since he is the Uncle of the other guy (so he'd be older).

At higher levels he'd also take Monkey Grips and get nicer weapons.

Below is a probably less readable version of his stats (they should be the same as above, but I made it this way then converted it to look like that, this one has a few notes about rules problems and stuff)

Name: Mortin
Alignment: True Neutral (he'd do what he was told to, and follows certain lawful behaviours, but is otherwise entirely

chaotic and emotion-controlled.)
Level: samurai 2, barbarian 1, fighter 4.

HD: 2d10+1d12+4d10
HP: 62
AC: 10+1(dex)
Atk: +7/+2
attack: +11/+11/+6
damage: 1d10+4 / 1d6+4 (the second +11 is the off hand)

Abilities: Str 18, con 14, dex 13, int 10, wis 8, cha 8.

saves:Fort +11, Ref +2, Will +0 (I'm not positive that Multiclass saves work like that)

Skill ranks: Knowledge (history) 6, Ride 6, Handle Animal 1, Survival 1.

;I assume that class skills from previous levels remain class skills. Otherwise the Knowledge (history) goes down,

but I doubt he'll use it anyway.

Special stuff: Rage 3/day (and it's a free action to activate),

Feats:Improved Toughness, Two Weapon Defense, Weapon Focus (Katana, Wakizashi), Instantaneous Rage,

Extra Rage.

Equipment:1 Katana, 1 Wakizashi. (they have the stats of a Masterwork Bastard Sword, and a Masterwork

Shortsword. Though you might wanna make them magic at this level; but then it's not definate that he would be intrusted with magic weapons.).

Last edited:

Remove ads