• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for a specific name generator.

triggermansam

First Post
Hello! I once had a name generator that I absolutely loved, but can't seem to find again. I've been looking around for it for quite a while, to no avail. I'm hoping someone here knows where I can find it, or one very much like it.

It was an executable program that allowed you specific control over the letters it generated. I don't remember exactly what stood for what, but here's an example.

If # generates a consonant, @ a vowel, * either a consonant or a vowel, and any specific letters typed remain what they are, then "Steven" could have been generated by these strings:

St@#@#
*#@#en
##@#@#
etc.

It also had options to generate 1, 5, 10, or 50 names as most generators do, and a cut and paste output window that was extremely handy.

Does this ring a bell with anyone else? It was a truely excellent program for people like me who can come up with a certain sound they want their generated name to have, but lacked the creative juices to fully flesh it out. For the life of me, I just can't find it anymore, not even a substitute web page or such.

Failing that, can any coders give me some tips on how I could code this myself? I have limited, beginner's C++ knowledge. I wouldn't know how to search the string for characters, and act based on what it finds.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads