• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking For A Spell

Sykopup

First Post
A while back, the members of my adventuring group were "leveling up" after we finished adventuring for the night. The sorcerer in our group needed a good 5th level spell, so we began to search through the many d20 books at our disposal. We found a spell called "Nether Blast", but now, we can't figure out which book it came from. I thought one of the players wrote down where it came from, while he was under the assupmtion that it was me who made a note of the spell's location. Anyway, if someone can point me towards this elusive spell, the party would be most grateful;plus, it might go a little in my favor to find the spell after my halfling (11 total character levels) picked a fight with a lich.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sykopup

First Post
I've also checked through a few of the Green Ronin books and a couple from Mongoose. I keep thinking it was in a book aimed at creating Good characters as opposed to Evil characters, but I'm not sure.

Sykopup

First Post
So. Anyone got any suggestions on how to beat an angry lich with 5th level spells or lower? Heh, heh? Anyone? Are those crickets I hear in the background?

DreamChaser

Explorer
In Relics and Rituals from Sword and Sorcery there is a 5th level spell called Nethergaze which damages and inhibits undead who meet the casters gaze.

Amusingly, it technically cannot affect an undead creature because it requires a Fort save and does not specify "object" but since its effect is pretty specifically tuned toward undead, we'll let it slide.

It is on a page 95 of that book.

DC

moritheil

First Post
Sykopup said:
So. Anyone got any suggestions on how to beat an angry lich with 5th level spells or lower? Heh, heh? Anyone? Are those crickets I hear in the background?

Are we talking an 11th level lich, or a Xykon-style, meteor swarm-hurling lich? If the former, it might be doable; if the latter, run and don't look back. :D

Remove ads