Level Up (A5E) Looking for clarification on Blood Frenzy Elite ability

Nathaniel Lee

Adventurer
One Elite monster with the Blood Frenzy ability is the Elder Vampire. The ability says that the creature can take 3 legendary actions instead of 1. I just wanted to verify that what this means is that the creature is able to use more than 1 after another creature's turns, so if it had 3 actions that each cost 1 action, it could use all 3 of them before the next creature's turn. They would still have the same budget, but they could just splurge at once instead of dividing up between several turns, yes?

xiphumor

Legend
I believe it doesn't. My argument is that the original text is "The vampire can take 1 legendary action, choosing form the options below. Only one legendary action can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn." If the vampire only ever had 1 legendary action, there would be no need to mention that only one could be used at a time. So the vampire can take a legendary action after three different creatures end their turns. It can't use all three at once.

Nathaniel Lee

Adventurer
What's the difference between that and how legendary actions already work? Under normal circumstances, a creature with legendary actions already can only take one legendary action after any given creature's turn.

Remove ads