• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for feedback on my game's Kickstarter pitch

Ashkhar Ben

Explorer
"Yep, couldn't agree more. I have all that written and is just a little more rough around the edges than the part I posted here. I will continue to update the text. But I have the team working on the project detailed, the timeline, specs on the book, pledge levels, etc all written. I'm also doing a $1 playtest pledge and a full money back guarantee up to one month after you receive the finished product. "

Can you give us any idea when this is going to be released to Kickstarter? Or is that confidential/unknown?

I'm shooting for June of this year. Waiting on some artwork, editing the video, and refining the pitch.

Dethklok

First Post
Thanks! Look forward to any future comments or insight you can give.
Hmm.... My only further comment is that the game you describe is really not low or middle fantasy. A world having six different playable species with names like "Anduin," or "Krolog," characters such as the inspiring leader that can swing a halberd and launch enemies with telekinesis, and abilities to bend light, influence gravity, or alter magnetism sounds very much like high fantasy or science fantasy.

Ashkhar Ben

Explorer
Hmm.... My only further comment is that the game you describe is really not low or middle fantasy. A world having six different playable species with names like "Anduin," or "Krolog," characters such as the inspiring leader that can swing a halberd and launch enemies with telekinesis, and abilities to bend light, influence gravity, or alter magnetism sounds very much like high fantasy or science fantasy.

I suppose you're right. I'm trying to convey that the world doesn't have high-supernatural stuff. No zombies, dragons, vampires, planar traveling, etc. I guess the former things fall into their own respective genre within fantasy though. I might just delete the "low-to-middle" altogether, as I don't want to give the wrong impression.

Dethklok

First Post
Is there a reason you didn't want to explicitly describe it as science fantasy? (I wouldn't expect zombies, dragons, or planar travel in Star Wars, either.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads