• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for gamers in the Wilmington / Philadelphia area

Michael Tree

First Post
I'm new to the area, and would like either join an existing game or start a new one.

My preferences are for game with intense roleplaying and furious action, D20 or otherwise.

I'm a grad student, so I don't have a lot of free time, but it would be nice to play a regular game a few times a month.

Anavel Gato

First Post
Michael Tree said:
I'm new to the area, and would like either join an existing game or start a new one.

My preferences are for game with intense roleplaying and furious action, D20 or otherwise.

I'm a grad student, so I don't have a lot of free time, but it would be nice to play a regular game a few times a month.

How is it going Michael Tree? I live in near the West Chester area and would be able to get to wilmington. I too am a grad student and play mostly on sundays with an existing group. My schedule is a bit ragged with a PT job (working hours between 10-10:30pm).

Michael Tree

First Post
Anavel Gato said:
How is it going Michael Tree? I live in near the West Chester area and would be able to get to wilmington. I too am a grad student and play mostly on sundays with an existing group. My schedule is a bit ragged with a PT job (working hours between 10-10:30pm).
Hi Anavel. I'm massively busy for the next couple of weeks, but if we can get a few more people together maybe we can get a game going after that. I have classes on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings, but have an open schedule aside from that.

Anavel Gato

First Post
I have classes on Mondays as well. My schedule like I said is a bit all over the road I don't really have set hours. Would you be interested in playing with my existing group? We meet on sundays from 1-?. let me know. Or we can see about getting other people.

Michael Tree

First Post
Anavel Gato said:
I have classes on Mondays as well. My schedule like I said is a bit all over the road I don't really have set hours. Would you be interested in playing with my existing group? We meet on sundays from 1-?. let me know. Or we can see about getting other people.
I would be interested in joining your existing group, if it's okay with the other people you play with. What sort of game is it? Do you play all of Sunday afternoon and evening?

As for the rest, we'll see.

Anavel Gato

First Post
Hey Michael Tree, its fine with me. I'll run it by my group this sunday. We play exclusively D20 D&D. We have made our world to incorporate all the major realms of the D&D series. Our roleplay is a bit lacking at times and a few of the players are very hack and slash. Let me know if you are still interested.

by the way right now we have a world changing event about to take place. So, once it is over and if you would still like to play then that would be a good jumping in point.

Michael Tree

First Post
Anavel Gato said:
Hey Michael Tree, its fine with me. I'll run it by my group this sunday. We play exclusively D20 D&D. We have made our world to incorporate all the major realms of the D&D series. Our roleplay is a bit lacking at times and a few of the players are very hack and slash. Let me know if you are still interested.

by the way right now we have a world changing event about to take place. So, once it is over and if you would still like to play then that would be a good jumping in point.
Anavel, that sounds just fine. I'm normally a bit apprehensive of entering existing campaigns, because it's sometimes hard to fit in with a group of established characters, but if it's at an appropriate moment it works better.

As for the quality of the roleplay, I don't mind some hack and slash, as long as it's fun hack and slash. ;) By which I mean roleplayed stylish ultraviolence, not "how can we best beat the game". If your group gives you the go-ahead, we'll see how well I fit in.

Anavel Gato

First Post
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Work has been hectic. My group has no problem with a new player. I will mention it again this sunday, just to make sure, but I see no problems. Look for an email from me. I am better at replying to emails than posting most times.

Remove ads