• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for generic "GM assistant" software.

Madmaxneo

Explorer
I am looking for software that can help with GMing a game or campaign. I prefer not to have rules specific programs like the ones intended only for D20 or D&D games. The games I primarily run are Rolemaster and HARP. There is some software out there that is helpful for those two but it's not very extensive. A few programs I already have are AutoRealm, CC2, a non working version of Dundjinni (broken disc) and Ebon, of which I recommend both. Ebon, in my humble opinion, is probably the best naming program out there. I have some old versions of a few others like:Campaign Master: Cyclopedia and Tablesmith, not all of their functions work correctly but they do well with what does work. Does anyone know of any really useful generic GM assist programs? Is there a current website somewhere that has recommendations and links to such software? Thanks in advance!

Madmax

Madmaxneo

Explorer
Realm Works looks really interesting. But from what I've read on their website there are different levels of support and access indicating it could get pricey. It also looks like it has a steep learning curve. Normally that wouldn't be a deterrent but I simply will not have the time here in the near future for that. There used to be sites that had links to either downloads or other sites that had software GM's could use. One of the programs I had a long time ago and have been unable to find is one called "weather master". I believe in this program you could input your own type of storms and natural disasters for random selection in the program. I will keep Realm Works in my sights but for now I am looking for other programs. Thanks for the link!

Madmaxneo

Explorer
Thanks Hand of Evil! Interestingly enough The ScreenMonkey software may solve another problem. I am moving soon and my current players asked if we could play the game online. Though I am pretty sure there are free programs out there. BTW are you the right or left hand? Being as the right is the executive officer and the left is the underhanded dirty jobs in secret guy. ;)

Asmor

First Post
Check out TreeSheets: http://treesheets.com/ It's on Windows, Mac and Linux.

I'll try to describe it, but I don't think I'll do it justice. But, anyways...

You know how Notepad is great for taking quick notes? Imagine a Notepad-like spreadsheet program.

Now that you've got that in your head, imagine that you can quickly and easily add a sub-table into any cell, and create a hierarchy of data like this.

Like I said, I'm probably not doing this justice. Download TreeSheets, and when you first open it up it's got a document that serves as a tutorial and will wow you.

Madmaxneo

Explorer
Awesome stuff people! I glanced and TreeSheets and I like it as I am an excessive excel user. Battlegrounds games has some interesting links that I am in the process of checking out.

Remove ads