• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for Geomancer or other BBEG build suggestions, got any?

Malum

First Post
I am DM'ing this week and have a "never before done idea" in our campaigning. We are a lawful evil group of elites (cha followers) of a LE lordship. The players are gestalt and now 8th level. My campaign idea is to have a neighboring "good" aligned lordship ask us for help vs. a common enemy/threat, a Ch-Evil threat maybe a small horde or lordship?

Plot is to stick the pc's in the midst of a lawful good province, where they are not liked, and allow there "evilness" to shine via ruthless tactics to thwart the C-Evil enemy. I’m thinking to have the LG protector to be a Paladin Knightly type but he has recently lost his special Paladin abilities because the C-Evil threat lead him into using none LG tactics to save some of people, he was desperate made a poor decision and is now being punished, maybe a fallen Paladin? Any suggestions? He is 12th level +/- but without Paladin abilities. The ruling council of the LG Province left with no other viable choice voted to hesiitantly ask us for help. Our version of lawful evil in this campaign is ruthless yes but with a code and honor very much like black night arch types. The reason I say this is we are not your kill everything party and let the gods sort em out, the players are all reserved, with many years and exp. each and tend to be well thought out.

Questions about the CE opposition:
A) What class? What build should the BBEG be? Maybe one of those Geomancers? I have never made one before; therefore my players have never played or faced one, any build suggestions?
B) Any area specific goals? Aspirations? Or are they just randomly being C-E because they can? Considering BBEG to be a Geomancer what might be his ultimate goal in this area, what makes him tick, and how would you play him? Tactics?
C) What about his cohorts/henchmen/followers a numerous amount of red shirts? Or a small amount of tough guys? Again bearing in mind the BBEG is a Geomancer when considering? Looking for a couple of Geomancer followers? Suggestions?

Just looking for a one night big bang!

Malum

Jack Simth

First Post
If you want something that truely threatens a kingdom, yet can be ended with the elimination of one BBEG, you need something where the BBEG is the keystone - there's a number of strategies that can cause a significant threat to entire kingdoms, while still relying on a single individual BBEG, AND be in range of an appropriet challenge for the party:

8th level Gestalt Players?

Well, a 8th level cleric Cleric with Brew Potion can make an Oil of Animate Dead (the Cleric's Animate Dead is a 3rd level spell), as well as being able to Desecrate an area. If the cleric has followers (low-level loyal people) then he can have a true army of zombies and skeletons. A caster level 8 Oil of Animate Dead, set to be used in a Desecrated area (enough for 32 hd of undead) would have a market price of 2,000 gp (800 gp in material components, 48 xp, 600 gp potion materials). Each follower, having no spellcasting ability of their own, could then have 32 HD of undead (skeletons/zombies only, but still...) under their command. Any losses can be replaced by Animating the fallen enemy. If the BBEG is destroyed, there's nobody to make the potions, so the skeletons/zombies can't be replaced, and the undead can be dealt with normally. Meanwhile, there's a bunch of squads of fairly tough (for skeletons/zombies) running around under the command of a normal (not necessarily undead) critter such that the strings of the undead can be cut with a single kill.

A 6th+ level cleric could also concieveably Command a Shadow (3 HD). Shadows have Create Spawn, and all Shadows created by a Shadow are under the command of their creator. If the original Shadow is under the control of the cleric, well..... infinite undead army, anywone? Each commoner he kills becomes another Shadow in his legions. This is a very dangerous tactic, though, as it's a thin chain of command, with no fallback if a commander dies - only those Shadows the cleric has personally Commanded are under his direct control. The others are under the control of the Shadow that Spawned them... and if the Shadows under the Cleric's personal Command are slain, he loses control of his entire army (also works with Wights at cleric-8 (4 HD), Wraiths at cleric-10 (5 HD), and Spectres at cleric-14 (7 HD) - possibly others). If the BBEG is slain, control of the undead goes away, and they are no longer orginized.... but they still make for a rather nasty clean-up job.

A Wizard (Cognate) of 9th+ (or a Sorceror of 10th+) can cast Lesser Planar Binding (5th level spell; Planar Binding is 6th, Greater Planar Binding is 8th) and get a bunch of 6/12/18 HD Outsiders or elementals (or both; demons, if you want a CE opponent) at his beck and call.

freefall

First Post
A Gestalt geomance is a very powerful class. It does not combine 2 classes , but at 10th (a possible BBG for an 8th level party) level you can be a cleric 3/ wizard 10/ geomance 7 wich gives you a good claster level (especially if you specialize in your lay lines), you cast all your spells in Full plate plus you get a bunch of cool little bonuses (and you only need one good casting stat).

freefall

First Post
BBG geomancer

A Gestalt geomance is a very powerful class. It does not combine 2 classes , but at 10th (a possible BBG for an 8th level party) level you can be a cleric 3/ wizard 10/ geomance 7 wich gives you a good claster level (especially if you specialize in your lay lines), you cast all your spells in Full plate plus you get a bunch of cool little bonuses (and you only need one good casting stat).

Malum

First Post
The players characters are gestalt not the to be BBEG Geomancer. I have never made a GM before let alone play one so my intent here is to get advice on a Geomancer build and tactics they traditionally employ. I was thinking of making him a little nutty like a choatic evil 1/2 demon template mixed with the Geomancer lunacy-antlers etc.

From what I remember Geomancers are stuck to a specific area,yes? And here they thrive and grow powerful. This is what I was looking for, a reason he was here in the 1st place and the answer is chance. The thing he is attached to or the land he is attached to is scarred or marked even tainted somehow to keep him there.

Suggestions

Malum

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Screw the geomancer man, go with Abyssal portals and the entire unraveling of the material plane as hordes of demons along with Far realmisn stuff starts to undo everything in their path. :)

Malum

First Post
Where can I find the Geomancer online? (No books at work) or if by any chance somebody has a build give or take around 11th level. This Geomancer is to serve as a BBEG vs a Gestalt 8th level party.

Thanks
Malum

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads