• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking For Good High Level Adventures

Virtue

First Post
Im looking for adventure 15th level or higher stuff I can use after the RORL adventure path is over

Thanks in Advance

Virtue

First Post
Im really just looking for high level i want to see how they do it with the creatures and the challenges for the PCs

roguerouge

First Post
Well, Skeletons of Scarwall (Paizo) is pretty yoinkable. Don't let the fact that it's the fifth module of an adventure path fool you. It's pretty much unconnected to the path; it's the obligatory "cleric gets to turn" adventure. Also, it says 12th level, but I'd bet that it plays at a challenge of 13th to 14th level.

In Red Hand of Doom, the final act of storming the enemy fortress is probably about right as well.

War of the Burning Sky (available in pdf at RPGNow, or in print at Lulu) has several adventures at 15th level and above.

At 15th level in particular is O Wintry Song of Agony, wherein the heroes are the point men on a strike mission against a villainous mage's eldritch device. You have to sneak in and take out the key defenders of a valley fortress, and then descend to the torturous prison beneath the fortress, where the suffering of the prisoners provides the power source for the mage's mighty weapon.

It's the 8th adventure out of 12, and we actually designed it so that it could serve as the starting point of a near-epic level (and certainly epic in spirit) mini-campaign. If you were to run it as part of the campaign, there's a whole plotline involving clues to a greater threat and stuff that will matter in later adventures, but if you're running it as a stand-alone, it still works with just slight revision.

Thanee

First Post
City of the Spider Queen (3E, though, but updated in PGtF). It starts out a bit lower, but goes well above 15th in the end and has lots of different and challenging encounters.

Bye
Thanee

kitsune9

Adventurer
Virtue,

I enjoyed running Demon God's Fane from Malhovac. I think that one was 18th level or so. Also the last adventures from the Age of Worms adventure path were pretty cool though you'll have to figure out how to make them stand on their own instead of running a full adventure path

Virtue

First Post
Virtue,

I enjoyed running Demon God's Fane from Malhovac. I think that one was 18th level or so. Also the last adventures from the Age of Worms adventure path were pretty cool though you'll have to figure out how to make them stand on their own instead of running a full adventure path

i recently purchased this PDF so im hoping this will be great as you say it is

kitsune9

Adventurer
Virtue,

You should know that I at the time I ran it, it was the capstone adventure for our 3.0 game and I had players who started out at 22nd level, so I had to advance the monsters and buff up the BBG at the end. For the most part, it was just an interesting module for what the players had to go through to reach the end so it was fun.

Remove ads