• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for good maps

Spearhavoc

First Post
Like many DMs, I have pathetic artistic skills but still have to draw town and landscape maps. I'm looking for good sources for maps of all types, online or otherwise. I have heard that some old Palladium sourcebooks have lots of good maps. True? And if so which ones. Thanks.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Here's one that I found off google.com:

Attachments

• isle_map.jpg
    isle_map.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 125

der_kluge

Adventurer
And using my 733t paint skills (yes, that's right, Window's Paint) I converted it into this. I'm going to add a few more details, but it's essentially done:

Attachments

• oahu.jpg
    oahu.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 115

fusangite

First Post
I don't have any special online resources to recommend but I do suggest that you try to snap up out of date atlases; they are often sold off by libraries and schools, and occasionally end up in second hand bookstores. Also, maps of large parks and local area maps are useful; I recommend writing to rural chambers of commerce and asking them to mail you maps of local parks, recreation areas, etc. Usually they'll mail you a big package for free, typically with 3 or 4 maps useable for RPGs. Regional offices of government departments of Forests, Fisheries, Parks or Tourism also often have a wealth of free, useful maps.

The best set of RPG maps I've obtained for free so far was sent to me by the chamber of commerce for Mackenzie, BC, Canada.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads