• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Looking for good sources for online D&D sessions.

Valador

First Post
Hello everyone.

As the title suggests, I'm looking for some good sources of online D&D games. Any type, whether it's play by post, roll20 type sites, etc. My issue is that I'm in the US Army and I'm constantly back and forth from my home, so I've been trying to find some online sessions to fulfill my need for D&D.

I'm already aware of roll20 and fantasy grounds, but unfortunately there's very few 5e games up and they don't sync well with my German time zone... Does anyone have some good referrals?

The two I'm aware of -

https://app.roll20.net/

https://www.fantasygrounds.com

Any contributions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dd.stevenson

Super KY
Advertising in the japan time zone, I've consistently filled up my player roster within a couple days of posting. I haven't had any luck finding a game to play in, though.

Because it's new, I suspect right now there are a lot more people looking for 5E games than are ready to run one.

defendi

Explorer
1) Thank you for your service.

2) Obsidian Portal has a lot of public games you can browse. It's a wiki for people to keep their games online. I've gotten at least one player from someone spotting my stuff on their site and contacting me.

3) A side note, but I'm the Publisher of Final Redoubt Press and I will give any active service personnel any (or all) pdfs for our catalog in gratitude. No 5e products, of course, but PM me if you'd like to discuss it.

Valador

First Post
Thanks for the responses, guys. I checked out the PbP here and I'm not sure what it is, but it's just not grabbing me the way the PbP did on the Paizo forums when I was playing PF... It just seems a little chaotic, maybe I just need to give it a try.

Obsidian Portal seems pretty nice. When I have some free time I'll definitely check into this as well. Also, defendi, as far as sharing products with me, I would be happy to check out anything you have to offer. :) I appreciate the offer very much as well. I'm stationed in Germany right now, and besides other soldiers (all with crappy schedules), it's hopeless finding other games around here.

Remove ads