• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for lots of crunch & fluff for Beregost (Forgotten Realms)

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Hey,

Just out of curiosity, is there any (relatively) detailed information out there (whether book, magazine, or website) on the town of Beregost (ala the Forgotten Realms setting)? The blurb in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting provides a bit, but not much information. I'm looking for as much info as possible: NPC stats, maps, detailed info/history, plot hooks, etc. Ideally, I'd like the info to be 3.5/3.0 D&D relevant, but frankly, any edition of D&D/AD&D stuff on Beregost would be helpful.

I know that Beregost served as stomping grounds (for a few levels, at least) for the PC & followers in Baldur's Gate I (I remember some of the things mentioned in the FRCS blurb utilized in the game, actually), but I didn't know if this was all drawn from some more extensive information that's out there.

I'd appreciate any help/info that y'all can provide.

Sammael

Adventurer
AFAIK, no further 3.x material is available on Beregost. Your best bet is to get a PDF of Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast for 2nd edition, which contains 4 pages of material on the town.

Mystery Man

First Post
Hopefully you check your email tied to this enworld user account. Sent you some stuff.

I highly recommend the Volo's Guides, they are a wealth of info.

Here's a map. :D

baldursgate-beregost.jpg

AFGNCAAP

First Post
[In best Strong Bad-impression voice:] Ooooh.... very-very nice...

:D

Yeah, this stuff helps a lot. I'll need to stat out a couple of folks (Taerom & Thalantyr, for example), & maybe build on the city limits due to growth.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Erratic K

First Post
Looks like the baldur's gate map.

Makes me want to load that game up again. I'm not sure I could live with the 2E ruleset again, but I might try anyway. Loved that game.

Beregost had some 2E info. But as far as I know 3E, just the FRCS.

-E

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads