• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for maps...

invokethehojo

First Post
I love the maps from the WotC 4e adventures... I just don't like the adventures. Until recently I had a friend who owned a comic shop and he let me have the maps (which I laminated) from the store copies of those adventures as long as I agreed to share them with other DM's at the store. Unfortunately my friends store had to close and I have no new source of maps. I didn't really see this as a problem since Paizo has some good maps through their game mastery brand... until today when I was in a game shop in a nearby larger town. I saw the adventure Vor Rukoth and the map preview on the back was exactly what I'm looking for in my current campaign.

My issue is this: I could buy the adventure off amazon for $11, then pay another $5 to have it laminated, but that is kinda pricey and I have no way of knowing if the entire map is good or just that one part I saw on the back until I buy it. I could sell the adventure on ebay to recoup some of my costs, but I doubt I would get much out of it.

I know there are sites where you can buy individual minis instead of the whole random packs... is there a place I can go to buy just the maps without the adventures? Is there a good place to sell adventures sans map?

Thanks

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Buy the poster maps that come with the H-P-E WotC modules without buying the modules themselves? Probably unlikely. I don't think it'd be economically worthwhile for online sellers to sell those two things separately.

However, you can still buy the Fantastic Locations map sets (from places like Amazon) which include two double-sided poster maps. There's a good selection of various types of poster maps for you. And you can buy them for like $2 to $10 each. Not a bad deal if all you want are poster maps.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Probably no help...

This probably won't help, but...

The Cartographers' Guild Cartographers' Guild - The Front Page has hundreds of CC Licensed maps for free downloads (though not all are CC licensed, you will need to verify that in their respective threads).

There's even one guy at the CG who creates the missing maps from WotC adventures, so that's a thought.

I print large format maps for $2.99 per square foot, so a 24 x 36 is $16.94, plus I can laminate that for $4.50 more - but from your description above this seems too pricey for you. If interested, see my sig.

GP

Remove ads