• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for mini and pic for my monk PC

feydras

First Post
I have looked around but haven't found any good minis or pics that fit the concept for my PC monk.

He is bald, or bald with top-knot, wields a glaive (guisarme actually) and obviously wears no armor. Other than that i'm not terribly picky. Anything fairly close will do for the mini, but the only polearm wielders i have found are armored.

The picture doesn't even need to include the weapon in it. Just a decent head shot of a bald or preferably bald w/ top-knot monk. I searched the WOTC pic gallery and didn't find anything decent for him.

For reference... He is a Monk 6 / Thief-acrobat 1 (from Complete Adventurer). The concept is heavy on the acrobat, not thief. He fights almost exclusively with the guisarme tripping opponents and doing fancy tumbling. Works well as the guisame is a reach weapon but he can fight unarmed if an enemy closes with him while still holding the polearm.

Thanks for any help!

- feydras

cvrinn

First Post
That is pretty interesting. I have been playing a very similar character for a couple of months now. Mine is a Monk7/PsiWar2. He also uses a guisarme and tumbles around a lot. What a fellow player did was slightly modify a monk mini he found. The mini was of a monkish sort in robes with a staff held straight out in front of him. He then took the blade of a guisarme from another mini he had and added it to the end of the staff. It turned out to be pretty damned nice. I was very surprised. I will try to find out what mini he used as the base figure for you. I do believe it had a full head of hair however(it's been a few weeks since we played last). If you are ambitious enough, you could use the concept on any mini you like as a base for the mod.

cvrinn

First Post
Actually, I just found the mini. I went to the Reaper mini finder(linked above) and there it was(under Human/male/Monk). 2732: Kazumi, Monk

It looks really nice with a long blade on the end. The staff is probably shorter than a regular guisarme would be, but I think it looks good.

I hope that helps.

kenobi65

First Post
cvrinn, I was going to suggest exactly that (i.e., add a glaive blade to the Kazumi mini).

Reaper offers several "weapons packs", each with several different weapons that you can use for modifying minis. You should be able to find an appropriate pole-arm head in one of those, if you don't want to sacrifice another mini.

feydras

First Post
Thanks for the help. That figure looks perfect with a little modding. I'm going to see if my FLG has it.

- feydras

maddman75

First Post
On Reaper's site, if you go to Store->Warlord->Miscellaneous you can find the Warlord Weapon Pack. One of these would make an excellent glaive for that mini.

Attachments

• weapon pack.jpg
    weapon pack.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 53

Remove ads