• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for NPC stats on epic Forgotten Realms Icons

thanson02

Explorer
My party is on the verge of rolling to Level 11 in this big epic combat challenge, similar to what they did with Reavers of the Harkenwold. For the final confrontation, I was going to have them fight along with two major figures in the Realms....

Elminster and Storm Silverhand

However, I need NPC stats. If people know where there are some already put together, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I think it would be a good conversation for building purposes.
icon_smile.gif

Any ideas????

MwaO

Adventurer
In general, one of things to do with such combats is not have them really be NPCs in the first place. Have them face their foes, have the PCs face their foes, and run a skill challenge for combat that gives the pcs opportunities to give the NPCs the upper hand, but if they don't assist, they take damage, lose healing surges, etc...from stray fire...and Elminster/Storm Silverhand eventually get defeated.

thanson02

Explorer
I should probably clarify, they are not fighting El and Silver, they are fighting along side. I was going to have El play a controller and Silver play a leader (being a Bard and all) to support the players in combat against a adult red dragon that is the chosen of a evil god. And they are not fighting the dragon to the death, the holding it off until the Citadel they are in can put up a magic shield to protect the castle. I am also using the conflict to help set the stage for the next tier of gameplay.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

MwaO

Adventurer
I should probably clarify, they are not fighting El and Silver, they are fighting along side. I was going to have El play a controller and Silver play a leader (being a Bard and all) to support the players in combat against a adult red dragon that is the chosen of a evil god. And they are not fighting the dragon to the death, the holding it off until the Citadel they are in can put up a magic shield to protect the castle. I am also using the conflict to help set the stage for the next tier of gameplay.

Right. Don't have them as NPCs. Have it as a Skill Challenge that represents that they're doing something super-important that doesn't actually manifest itself in to-hit rolls or actual damage totals, but rather turns the chosen of an evil god into a beatable opponent for the PCs.

http://www.livingforgottenrealms.com

Download NETH4-1 and look at the save the aspect combat. It isn't quite the same thing, but general idea is similar - disrupt the important thing while simultaneously fighting a combat.

thanson02

Explorer
Right. Don't have them as NPCs. Have it as a Skill Challenge that represents that they're doing something super-important that doesn't actually manifest itself in to-hit rolls or actual damage totals, but rather turns the chosen of an evil god into a beatable opponent for the PCs.

http://www.livingforgottenrealms.com

Download NETH4-1 and look at the save the aspect combat. It isn't quite the same thing, but general idea is similar - disrupt the important thing while simultaneously fighting a combat.
Yup! We are on the same page.

Thanks for pointing out the adventure. I will look at it and see what I reskin. :)

Remove ads